• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

new to bodybuilding

G

gantavya

i am from india , i am exercising from past 6 months.
Here in india we dnt have good trainers and the coach we ask tells us the only way to built body is steriods. As i dnt want to take that

i am 6.1 foot tall and my weight is 84 Kg ( and please also tell that i am overweight with my height?) , i am just a bit in shape i have some fat(not very much) on my tummy.

Any body please tell me good workout schedule to increase my power + gaining muscularity.

And Please also tell me the diet which i should take. ( i am totally veg)

Thank you

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:welcome:

Have a check through a few of the threads here, especially those stickied at the top of this section. Also check the articles section.

A good starting point for strength and muscle is 5x5 using the basic exercises (squats, deadlifts, rows, presses, dips, chins, clean & jerk, lunge, etc).

84kg on 185cm is not really overweight, in fact it is just on an athletic build, as long as you are low teens bodyfat.

Vegetarian diets are fine, just make sure you get plenty of protein from animal sources (eggs, milk, fish, etc), as well as making sure you balance your amino intake by complimentary foods. If you are vegan I pity your poor soul.

IMO you are right, steroids are not really the first avenue. Until you have reached a natural peak (which most people never do) there is little point. There is also the fact that you have to consider what exactly are your goals; as a professional athlete the choice is clear, as a gym rat there is no need.

MaxSteel

MaxSteel

hey hi i m frm india too these guys really seem to know a lot of stuff bout bodybuiling that we never heard in gyms back home...nd the best part bout it is tat they do studys to back up their knowledge about bodybuilding..

read carefully the Thread Starters,...

and tailor the workouts according to your goals...a good place to start is

and listen to "tim290280"
he is well respected for a reason and the guy has a sense of humor too...

thankx tim,....

Last edited by a moderator:
MaxSteel

MaxSteel

hey also an inherent problem in our part of the world is lack of nutritional info...and proper supplements...

dude...being totally veg as in indian term(no egg, no fish...etc)

i m quiet confused how u would meet your protein needs....IMO take sum protein shakes...if you could find a good one...

and do tell me bout which one you took cauz i m havin no clue about effectivness of protein shakes frm local companies..i hav been warned agnist it...

i meet my protein needs frm eggs 8-10 to be precise dont even know if its enuf..

beinga veg plz tell me rich sources of veg protein sources if u could....

G

gantavya

Hi,

Thanks people for very quick reply.

I kind of have tradition indian diet, which my coach told me

My protien source-

I put Chickpea in water in the night , and in morning i remove all the water and eat them

Beasides that in morning i eat Daliya (a semi crushed powder of wheat)

here is how my mom make it for me

Put 2 cups of Daliya in a cooker and fry till whitish.

Add 3 Cups of water and close cooker. Cook till 5 whistles on medium flame. (TIP: If cooker doesn't build pressure on medium flame, put on high, wait for 1 whistle and then leave on medium flame)

Take out daliya, add milk and heat in microwave, then add sugar to taste.

and i eat roasted Chickpea , whole day i mean after few intervals and drink lot of water.

Thats what coach here told me...

MaxSteel

MaxSteel

hey i do the chikpea thing too...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmmm totally veg? Ok best to take a look at some of the pulses and getting the complimentary foods.

Pulses = lentils, chickpeas, lupins, etc.

I was reading about soy protein the other day and the good soy proteins are actually not bad. They (now) have a complete amino acid profile and are a good option. They have improved a lot in the last few years.

Can you source dairy? Can you source whey protein?

You don't need huge amounts of protein, but because you are generally going to be getting low quality proteins in a veg diet it would be best to keep a track of your diet closely. You need about 1.6g/kg of protein in the diet. More is fine, but it shows that you can be vegetarian and bodybuild. ALso make sure you are getting vitamin B12 from somewhere or you will be rundown. Also make sure you are getting enough iron.

Aside from that the lifting side of things is the same.

G

gantavya

i have heard somewhere its good to take multivitamin tablet everyday,

do i have to take that?

and what does it do ?