• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

5 questions...

P

proteinguysx

:music:

1. What is arginine for?
2. When do you take protein, before in the middle or after the workouts what is better?
3. What is the speed of blood when someone is working out?
4. Is there something to replace NO2?
5. Why Obama got the Peace Prize Award???

Thanks and please if you think my questions are dumb dont answer , thanksssss

:lurking:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I only have an answer to #3. The speed of blood is about 32.7mph. kthanx

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1) Gullibility, does some other stuff too. It is widely available in most foods we commonly eat. It is involved in a lot of things in the body. Check this cut and paste list for some of the oral supplmentation benefits:
Precursor for the synthesis of nitric oxide (NO)
Stimulation of the release of growth hormone.
Improves immune function
Reduces healing time of injuries (particularly bone)
Quickens repair time of damaged tissue
Reduces risk of heart disease
Increases muscle mass
Reduces adipose tissue body fat
Helps improve insulin sensitivity
Helps decrease blood pressure
Alleviates male infertility, improving sperm production and motility
Increases blood circulation throughout the body, including the sex organs
Improves reproductive ability

2) Whenever you want. Post workout it is key to providing a switch from catabolism to anabolism.

3) Varies.

4) ???? NO2 is naturally produced in the body, how would you replace it???

5) Politics and buttlicking.

P

proteinguysx

thankssssssssss

J

jornT

1) Gullibility, does some other stuff too. It is widely available in most foods we commonly eat. It is involved in a lot of things in the body. Check this cut and paste list for some of the oral supplmentation benefits:

Where is the copy and paste from? I doubt most points on it are correct.

2) Whenever you want. Post workout it is key to providing a switch from catabolism to anabolism.

Pre workout is probably better.

4) ???? NO2 is naturally produced in the body, how would you replace it???

NO2 is not naturally produced in the body, thank god.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Where is the copy and paste from? I doubt most points on it are correct.
The source wasn't that reliable, no. But that wasn't my point, my point was to show that there are a lot of things that arginine is involved in.

NO2 is not naturally produced in the body, thank god.

Well I guess I must be wrong then. Musn't happen at all:
Nitrogen oxide production in response to whole body exercise provides a potential measure of endothelial function within the setting of peripheral artery disease
Jason Allena, Elizabeth Williamsb, Earl Schwark IIb, Frederick Cobbb and Andrew John Gowc

A disturbance in the ability to produce nitric oxide (NO) during cardiovascular stress may be an important limitation in PAD. Endothelial function of the brachial artery (via flow-mediated dilation, BAFMD) has been shown to have predictive value for PAD. In order to assess the connection between NO production and PAD, we examined the link between whole body N-oxides (NOx) production before and following a maximal graded exercise test (GXT) and BAFMD in subjects with PAD and age matched controls. Following a 12 h fast and 10 min supine rest brachial artery diameters were imaged prior to, during and following 5 min of forearm occlusion and 0.4 mg sublingual nitroglycerin. Subjects then performed a GXT. Blood (5 ml) was drawn at rest (from the arm), and at exercise termination. The samples were mixed equally with 0.1 M NaOH at 40 °C, and centrifuged through a 10 kDa filter. The filtrates were stored at −70 °C. NOx were measured by chemiluminescence utilizing vanadium chloride in hydrochloric acid at 94 °C as the reductant. Paired t-tests were used to evaluate within and between group differences. The controls had higher ABI and VO2peak, than the PAD group. There were no differences in brachial diameters or plasma NOx at rest. Peak BAFMD (%change) following hyperemia (5.46 ± 2.99 vs. 2.49 ± 2.57%; p < 0.01) was greater and occurred earlier (38.93 ± 11.79 vs. 47.33 ± 11.81 s; p < 0.05) in the control than PAD subjects. Only the control group demonstrated significant increases in NOx during the GXT 8.8% vs. −0.3% in PAD (p < 0.05). In an effort to increase the applicability of NOx measurements as an assay of endothelial function, we have conducted a series of studies investigating the effects of sample handling on these measurements, both in terms of contamination and nitrogen oxide stability. This is the first study to link whole body NOx production with regional endothelial function in PAD and age-matched controls. Both measures were found to discriminate between populations.

Unless of course you are referring to the difference between NO and NO2. Of course I can't think of any oxidising occurring in the body at all :bitelip:

J Clin Invest. 1992 August; 90(2): 679–683.
Nitric oxide production in host-versus-graft and graft-versus-host reactions in the rat.
J M Langrehr, N Murase, P M Markus, X Cai, P Neuhaus, W Schraut, R L Simmons, and R A Hoffman

AbstractThe present study was designed to determine whether .N = O produced in vivo during the rejection of histoincompatible tissues might permit serum NO2-/NO3- levels to serve as markers of a rejection reaction. Rat syngeneic and allogeneic liver, heart, bone marrow/spleen cell, small bowel, skin, and sponge matrix grafts were performed and the stable end-products of .N = O, NO2-/NO3-, were serially assayed in the serum of the grafted animals. A significant rise of serum NO2-/NO3- levels in the allografted animals preceded the onset of clinical signs of rejection or graft-versus-host disease, with the exception of the skin and sponge matrix graft models, where elevated serum NO2-/NO3- levels were never observed. In all transplant models, normal serum NO2-/NO3- levels were observed at all times in animals that received syngeneic grafts. Furthermore, treatment of allograft recipients with the immunosuppressive agents FK 506 or cyclosporine A inhibited .N = O production. Determination of serum creatinine levels demonstrated that the elevated serum NO2-/NO3- levels were not caused by kidney dysfunction. Serum NO2-/NO3- levels might be useful early serum markers of the initiation of a rejection reaction or graft-versus-host disease when functional markers of graft dysfunction are not apparent.

Guess NO2 isn't produced in the body at all. But I take your point, my post was sloppy using NO and NO2 interchangeably :thumbsup2:

J

jornT

The source wasn't that reliable, no. But that wasn't my point, my point was to show that there are a lot of things that arginine is involved in.

In that case the answer: ''alot of things'' would have been better. He now has list with some things on it that are wrong, that is in no way usefull.

Unless of course you are referring to the difference between NO and NO2.

NO =/= NO2 (nitrogen dioxide)
NO2-(nitrite) =/= NO2 (nitrogen dioxide)

So yes, my point was and again is: be less sloppy.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In that case the answer: ''alot of things'' would have been better. He now has list with some things on it that are wrong, that is in no way usefull.

NO2-(nitrite) =/= NO2 (nitrogen dioxide)

:doh: Stop picking fights and trying to be e-tough on the internet jorn. Grow up.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In that case the answer: ''alot of things'' would have been better. He now has list with some things on it that are wrong, that is in no way usefull. I notice you haven't pointed out which ones, not a really usefull statement you've made

NO2-(nitrite) =/= NO2 (nitrogen dioxide) <---- is made in the body

So you post a sloppy post to ridicule or insist I be less sloppy: hipocrisy, irony or both?

How about being helpful rather than scornfull Jorn.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jorn is at it again. Tim, just walk away. He won't stop, he feeds off of this kinda of stuff because he has nothing else going on in his life.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

jornT

Tim, is it so hard to admit that you made a mistake? And then another one? And then one more?

Braaq, people point out flaws in other people all the time, yet when I do it, it is e-fighting? And even if it's e-fighting, as long as it results in actual information, what is the problem? Is e-hugging more important to you guys than correct information? Honestly, If it was someone else there would be no problem.

(I do not need answers to any of the questions)

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Is trying to give the new Prime Minster of Australia a 1 million salary from 250k a year but licking? I think so. I think the people who think of these stupid ideas know that they will get either a grant or some praise if they got a extra bit of tax payers money, makes me sick.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jornt just make dance vids and gtfo.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at 1:30 behind jornt runs a squirl lol. Wish i culd dance like that :D.