• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

SVARTBERG

Svartberg

Svartberg

Stats:
Goal: Bodybuilding
:turborun:

I've been working out since August '08, and I've never been really serious about my training until now.

I made this log to get constructive criticism about my workouts, maybe diets, etc.

LET IT BEGIN​

Svartberg

Svartberg

Todays workout was supposed to be legs, lowerback, forearms and calves. I only got about half though.

OL SQUAT high bar, been doing low bar in a year :)
10 x 32 kg
10 x 52 kg
5 x 72 kg
5 x 72 kg
5 x 72 kg
15 x 52 kg
15 x 52 kg
17 x 52 kg

REVERSE BARBELL CURLS
8 x 17 kg
15 x bar
15 x bar

CRUNCHES
20 x bw
15 x 10 kg / 15 x 5 kg / 8 x bw (dropset)
10 x bw

HYPER EXTENSIONS
12 x bw
15 x 5 kg
15 x 5 kg
15 x 5 kg
15 x 5 kg
15 x 5 kg
15 x 5 kg

45 g whey, 60 g blueberries, 50 g maltodextrin (in english? :bitelip:)

The squat was about 20 kg less than usual, because of the 'new technique'. My squats are close stance and atg.
Im not gonna write lbs, as I won't be bothered to calculate from kg to lbs.

Im considering a new program, 3-split or 4-split. Not the traditional one with lower body, pull and push groups divided, but something mixing it all up, while still being effective. :) If you got any inputs, please be my guest.

*As you may already have noticed, english is not my native language, so bear over :bitenails:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why do you do soooo many sets?
i think you`d be better off with 3 or 4 and invest exercise time in other exercises

Svartberg

Svartberg

I'm not doing "that many sets", im just not splitting them up in more exercises. Today wasnt a regular day.
But I don't like any other quad exercises other than the squat, which works just perfect for me ;)

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong session man, solid squats, welcome to the logs!

Svartberg

Svartberg

Strong session man, solid squats, welcome to the logs!

Thanks, Prince! Soon I'll hit off some breathing squats, but plans have been changed a little bit as I've switched to high bar squatting. I wonder how it's gonna turn out as I've always been posterior chain dominant :skurred:

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice leg session bro !!!

keep this log updated :thumbsup2:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dunno... maybe stuff like leg presses, lunges and leg extensions

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
i dunno... maybe stuff like leg presses, lunges and leg extensions

None of which hold a candle to squats. Truth be told, if someone wants to do a shitload of squats and nothing else then the only real comment you can give is that they've got more balls than most other people.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Svartberg

Svartberg

nice leg session bro !!!

keep this log updated :thumbsup2:

Thanks bro!

I sure will. :bitelip:

MrChewiebitums:
With my build, lunges is a isolation exercise for glutes. :ugh:
Leg extensions are worthless for me at the moment.
We have a legpress machine, and I've tried using it a couple of times. Sadly, it's not a plateloaded one.. its cable, and a damn useless one of them. I'd get a serious injury from trying to do a set santaeek

El Freako;
Tom Platz didn't get his legs from thrusting in the leg extensions machine huh :cool:

In my country, the time is 01:12 AM, so I'll better be off to bed.
Tomorrow I'm doing pecs, delts and triceps. Plenty of volume, maybe some ME decline press :tiphat:

Love the smileys.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Squats are the best, and that many sets done is awesome, not many people have the balls to do them, keep it up man, i think i like u already :gaygay: :rofl3:

Where are you from btw?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I only got about half though.

The squat was about 20 kg less than usual, because of the 'new technique'. My squats are close stance and atg.
Im not gonna write lbs, as I won't be bothered to calculate from kg to lbs.

Im considering a new program, 3-split or 4-split. Not the traditional one with lower body, pull and push groups divided, but something mixing it all up, while still being effective. :) If you got any inputs, please be my guest.

*As you may already have noticed, english is not my native language, so bear over :bitenails:

:welcome:

I'm hoping a leg day would normally include some hammy work (deadlift of some sort, glute ham raise, good morning, or even a leg curl). But good move on the squat. I've found that hitting depth on a medium stance high bar squat is a better squat (old person talking here). It only took me 10yrs to realise this, so good on you for realising this so young!! :thumbsup2:

I personally like upper/lower training (upper body one day, lower body next training day). Push/pull doesn't really allow you to do sets back to back the same way. I quite often will do a press then a row back to back, saves training time and helps you recover in between.

Oh and keep posting, your writing will improve the more you practice it.

MrChewiebitums said:
Why do you do soooo many sets?
i think you`d be better off with 3 or 4 and invest exercise time in other exercises

Ignore just about everything this guy says :borat:

Svartberg

Svartberg

PrinceVegeta:
Gee, thanks! :p
I'm from Denmark. I believe one of the smallest countries in Europe, so you might not have heard of it :eek:

tim:
Thanks for the welcome. :)
Yea, I was supposed to do hams. I did, as a matter of fact, pull off some technique training with romanian deadlift, but my quads are bothering me after high-rep sessions, which makes it REALLY hard. I've also gotten sore in my lower back a little, from doing breathing squats 1½ weeks ago. My technique seems perfect now though, except for some problems with the hip flexors, else I'm fine.
I would like to do (gastroc) glute ham raises, although I'm not very creative. I tried doing it beneath the leg extension machine once, but the machine (surprisingly) thumbed into the wall, leaving a bad mark there .. :eek:

Oh. Nothing I've really tried. I do my muscle groups one after one at my push days, to put more stress on the muscle, instead of giving it more rest, thus more strength :) but it's a new approach, so I'll see how it works out.

I will keep on! :borat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually do natural GHR's.

I have a BB loaded with roughly my BW and blocked so that it won't roll. I then position myself with my heels pinned underneath the bar. Lower myself down then try to use mostly my hammys to go back up, but also push off with the hands.

Don't actually use the calves or any lower back momentum this way, so they are much harder.

Svartberg

Svartberg

I actually do natural GHR's.

I have a BB loaded with roughly my BW and blocked so that it won't roll. I then position myself with my heels pinned underneath the bar. Lower myself down then try to use mostly my hammys to go back up, but also push off with the hands.

Don't actually use the calves or any lower back momentum this way, so they are much harder.

Oh, sorry. That's the one I meant! :) I'll try do that next time, thanks!

Svartberg

Svartberg

pic_122993_1231407179-1.jpg

DANI FILTH TRIBUTE

BENCHPRESS
10 x 32 kg
10 x 52 kg
10 x 62 kg
9 x 67 kg
9 x 67 kg
9 x 67 kg
6 x 67 kg - MOTHERF-
12 x 52 kg - partial reps
12 x 52 kg - partial reps
Poor strength. My positioning on the bench at the first few worksets sucked as well

DECLINE DB PRESS Even more decline than usual, so its ok.
8 x 12 kg
11 x 25 kg
11 x 25 kg
10 x 25 kg
7 x 25 kg - OMG

SEATED BARBELL PRESS
10 x 27 kg
7 x 37 kg
7 x 47 kg
7 x 47 kg
20 x 27 kg

LATERAL RAISES
10 x 15 kg
10 x 15 kg
10 x 17 kg
10 x 17 kg
10 x 17 kg
10 x 15 kg

VCG BENCHPRESS deload
12 x 32 kg
10 x 52 kg
10 x 52 kg
10 x 52 kg
10 x 52 kg
20 x 32 kg - partial reps

some rotator cuff

45 g whey, 1 apple, 50 g maltodextrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBb0zSmNevY

Is it possible to link youtube directly?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
welcome to the log section buddy:2: glad to have u on board!:) strong sessions as well. huge volume all over.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good session right there man, lots of volume and good weights! keep it up man!