• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cheat your body into working more for less – II

robert.gaskins4

robert.gaskins4

Last time, I discussed how speed training and density workouts could help you gain muscle mass in a shorter time. In this post, I will show you exercises to pull heavy weights and focus on a particular area for maximum output.

Sets of 1.5
As I mentioned in my previous blog, compound exercises help you deploy different muscle tissues at the same time, which builds muscle in a shorter period. However, the focus on a particular muscle changes when you perform a compound exercise. For example, it may seem that chin-ups stress more on biceps but they are meant for working back muscles. One solution to this would be to do bicep curls, but you can do this through chin-ups as well by performing 1.5 reps. When doing a chin up, go halfway and return to the hanging position. Now, do a complete chin up. Consider the movement of one half and one full chin-up as one set. The halfway chin-up works the bicep muscles while the full chinup is a good back exercise. Sets of 1.5 helps you focus on a particular area along with giving you the benefits of a compound exercise.

Heavy sets
The heavy weights that you always thought were beyond your reach can be handled using a technique implemented by trainers. In this exercise, you must begin with a weight that allows you to do six reps. Take a break of about 30 seconds and perform a second set of six reps. After this, pick up a lighter weight that you use normally to do 10-12 reps and perform as many reps as possible. You will notice that the count of reps will be higher than the reps performed usually. This is because the heavy weights have a warm up effect and activate your nervous system. This prepares you to lift more weights and perform a heavier workout than usual.

Both exercises will help you gain strength and eliminate your inhibitions towards exercising more. Please share your experience with me if you find these exercises helpful. Wish you good luck!