• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Target Bodybuilding

MaxSteel

MaxSteel

hey i came across this great book by Per A. Tesch, Phd...
it shows all exercises and the involvement of each target muscles using MRI(Muscles and MRI)
i don't know if anyone has read it before or not but i found it interesting.

wonder if i should have created this thread in the article submission section...anywz

Last edited by a moderator:
MaxSteel

MaxSteel

i think this is the book where tim got this MRI report from thankx again tim

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep. I used some screen shots from Google Books to make those posts.

It is a good book but has some glaring omissions. Well worth the download.

Good Find!!!

Couple of comments on the book:
The conclusions about exercises are often swayed by BBing mythology despite his evidence.
The exercise programs are worthless.
Have to bear in mind the methods used to assess muscle involvement, especially considering how this can radically change with imbalances in compound movements.

MaxSteel

MaxSteel

Yep. I used some screen shots from Google

Couple of comments on the book:
The conclusions about exercises are often swayed by BBing mythology despite his evidence.
The exercise programs are worthless.
Have to bear in mind the methods used to assess muscle involvement, especially considering how this can radically change with imbalances in compound movements.

kk so i can't use this stuff to redesign my whole training program....just know how stuff works...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
kk so i can't use this stuff to redesign my whole training program....just know how stuff works...

Well as an example: The MRI shows moderate involvement of the major hamstring muscles in the SLDL. Yet we know that it is a great hamstring movement, so what gives?

Simply put they did the SLDL in the old style way with lots of lower back and glute involvement and very little hamstring involvement. So you aren't really looking at the movement that most would actually use, let alone someone who is glute dominant.

Basically look at it in terms of what you can use to fix up weaknesses. Not much point in using a leg press to fix up hammys as it misses a couple of muscles (and also if you are quad dominant it wouldn't help much either). But a hack squat may just give you a bit more "sweep".