• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Windows7

P

proteinguysx

By October Windows 7 will be released, I did test it and it is great at least better than Vista, try it, it is worth it....:thumbsup2:

P

Pain

VIP
I'll be upgrading once I get an SSD drive to install it on.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My brother and his mate were beta testers. They love it.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll be upgrading once I get an SSD drive to install it on.

I have had the Beta. RC and now the RTM on a SSD and its awesome. My SSD from Intel just crashed and had to go back to a 7200rpm in my laptop and the difference is huge. Windows 7 just loves SSD's.

warpig

warpig

i was able to get the full version from my university for free, it is 10x better than vista

Cork

Cork

What exactly makes it better? Better interface? Faster? Within hte last year I have been using x64 Vista and it's been working flawlessly.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please ask them if it's better than XP SP2 or XP SP3.

Its two completely different operating systems. If you still have a computer from the XP era, Windows 7 won't run on it that great but if you have a newish computer, there is no doubt in my mind I would run Windows 7 over any other version of Windows.

My laptop has Core 2 Duo, 8GB ram, 1GB Ati radeon, SSD80g, 320GB secondary HD.

All my home PCs have it now also. My core 2 quad and Core 2 duo run it nicely with 4 and 2 GB respectively. The windows Media center is awesome for using it as a dvr.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i only use macintosh.. there new os snow leopard is the shit :spy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please ask them if it's better than XP SP2 or XP SP3.

Yes it is.

I actually don't mind Vista, but it isn't any better than XP SP3. I'm running a quad core at home with vista and a duo at work with XP3. I notice very little difference between them.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its two completely different operating systems. If you still have a computer from the XP era, Windows 7 won't run on it that great but if you have a newish computer, there is no doubt in my mind I would run Windows 7 over any other version of Windows.

My laptop has Core 2 Duo, 8GB ram, 1GB Ati radeon, SSD80g, 320GB secondary HD.

All my home PCs have it now also. My core 2 quad and Core 2 duo run it nicely with 4 and 2 GB respectively. The windows Media center is awesome for using it as a dvr.

Yeah, I know, I'm a computer engineer, bro :D

In next few days I'll pick an I-5 750 with DDR3 dual channel...

XP and XP64 are far better than any Vista, that's why I asked. Tnx 4 your reply.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes it is.

I actually don't mind Vista, but it isn't any better than XP SP3. I'm running a quad core at home with vista and a duo at work with XP3. I notice very little difference between them.

Tnx 4 the reply! :thumbsup2:

P

Pain

VIP
Just installed a retail copy of Windows 7 yesterday.

I love the new taskbar out of all the new features. Its also a lot faster than vista.