• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

EGGS!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I havent been eating eggs that much lately but when i dont have that much money i would eat around 5 whole eggs every other day on average... i know thats not extreme on any level but what are the benefits of eating mostly eggwhites over whole eggs? whats in the yolk that gets people to eat less of it? I used to eat around 5 eggwhites and 1 whole egg but now im like fuck it lol

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't ever neglect the yolk anymore because you loose probably alot of the other nutrients would still get from it. Ever since i started eating eggs I've been healthier than ever as long as you poach or boil and not fry them then its good. I used to eat 20 eggs a day lol, now i eat 2 :(. Untill i can get working I'm only consuming around 80g of protein if that and 300 carb a day.

I also hear that Getting high cholestrol is a myth, theres more good cholestrol than bad, and it has more nutrients in the yolk than the egg white it self. Try black pepper works good for flavour.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yolk= fat and lots of cholesterol.. if you have no issues with cholesterol eat the yolk all you want.. stick with Omega 3 eggs..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't ever neglect the yolk anymore because you loose probably alot of the other nutrients would still get from it. Ever since i started eating eggs I've been healthier than ever as long as you poach or boil and not fry them then its good. I used to eat 20 eggs a day lol, now i eat 2 :(. Untill i can get working I'm only consuming around 80g of protein if that and 300 carb a day.

I also hear that Getting high cholestrol is a myth, theres more good cholestrol than bad, and it has more nutrients in the yolk than the egg white it self. Try black pepper works good for flavour.

whats wrong with frying eggs? its not about how you cook it, its about what you use to cook it.. if you fry the eggs with pam or very little olive oil your fine..

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats wrong with frying eggs? its not about how you cook it, its about what you use to cook it.. if you fry the eggs with pam or very little olive oil your fine..

Alot of people to add flavour add butter and that is fat, olive oil is not bad either but thats just my opinion. If you also look at the yolk and what it has to offer it doesn't just have the fat and cholestrol but also more vitamin value such as Vitamin A,E and D and especially B6. Scroll down to the table.
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
It also helps if the eggs are free ranged and organic. I used to buy homebrand and get a fucked up taste with most of them, caged hen eggs suck big time.

Svartberg

Svartberg

Egg yolks are fucking anabolic. Don't worry about the cholesterol if the rest of your diet is good

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Eating 20 WHOLE eggs a day must not be very healthy... :D I think Jay Cutler eat "only" 15 a day in his offseasons... and he's Jay Cutler.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Eating 20 WHOLE eggs a day must not be very healthy... :D I think Jay Cutler eat "only" 15 a day in his offseasons... and he's Jay Cutler.

Actually i had a medical just to see if it was and it showed up good results. I don't see the problem about eggs at all lol.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you dont have to worry about cholesterol if its not in your genetics.. sadly mine is..

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too much of anything is bad.

I'm not a fan of people eating a heap of any one food. Sucking down heaps of eggs each day, while great nutrition, is just not the greatest idea. I don't see why anyone would not eat the whole egg. If like Serb you have a genetic issue with cholesterol then it is even more reason for not chowing down huge amounts of eggs in any one day.

Also while eggs are regarded as "a perfect protein" they, and any protein source, have a amino acid profile that may be lower in some aminos than others. So ideally you would be consuming a range of sources of protein in order to provide varied ranges of aminos to cover all bases. It also stops boredom and allergy/intollerance problems arising.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On a bulk, eat more whole eggs

On a diet, take most of the yolks out

Svartberg

Svartberg

tim:
Has it ever been proven in studies that large amounts of certain food will cause allergy/intollerance?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too much of anything is bad.

I'm not a fan of people eating a heap of any one food. Sucking down heaps of eggs each day, while great nutrition, is just not the greatest idea. I don't see why anyone would not eat the whole egg. If like Serb you have a genetic issue with cholesterol then it is even more reason for not chowing down huge amounts of eggs in any one day.

Also while eggs are regarded as "a perfect protein" they, and any protein source, have a amino acid profile that may be lower in some aminos than others. So ideally you would be consuming a range of sources of protein in order to provide varied ranges of aminos to cover all bases. It also stops boredom and allergy/intollerance problems arising.

Lately I'm stating to agree with most of your posts....... I need to go the the doctor and get checked.

LOL, j/k: I fully agree. FIrst paragraph is a great summary.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I fry them with a bit of canola.. i know thats not a good way to fry them, i used to use olive oil but i ran out then i used pam and i ran out lol and all my mom buys is canola... i dont eat fried eggs everyday so what are the cons of frying with canola?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim:
Has it ever been proven in studies that large amounts of certain food will cause allergy/intollerance?

I haven't actually looked through the literature for this info. I have read about it often enough though. Allergies can come and go "spontaniously" and intollerance can happen. Intolerance is more likely, as your body can tolerate a certain amount (although I'm extrpolating here). A friend of mine has an intolerance for alcohol. So too many drinks in any given period of time and she has hives, etc.

Quick search and this might be an interesting read:
Food allergy. Part 1: Immunopathogenesis and clinical disorders

Hugh A. Sampson MD

Abstract

Up to 8% of children less than 3 years of age and approximately 2% of the adult population experience food-induced allergic disorders. A limited number of foods are responsible for the vast majority of food-induced allergic reactions: milk, egg, peanuts, fish, and tree nuts in children and peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish in adults. Food-induced allergic reactions are responsible for a variety of symptoms involving the skin, gastrointestinal tract, and respiratory tract and may be caused by IgE-mediated and non-IgE-mediated mechanisms. In part 1 of this series, immunopathogenic mechanisms and clinical disorders of food allergy are described. (J Allergy Clin Immunol 1999;103:717-28.)

Keywords: Food allergy; hypersensitivity; food intolerance; urticaria; food–associated exercise–induced anaphylaxis; asthma; allergenic epitope; allergic eosinophilic gastroenteritis; enteropathy; dietary protein–induced enterocolitis; dietary protein–induced colitis; oral tolerance; atopic dermatitis; anaphylaxis; allergic rhinitis; pulmonary hemosiderosis; celiac disease; dermatitis herpetiformis

cereal

cereal

cholesterol is just a belief system, natural fat doesn't kill you.
but still, too much of anything is too much.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Egg yolks have rich amounts of essential vitamins and minerals including A, D, E, B-12 and K, riboflavin, folate and iron. The whites are a great source of low-calorie protein- and we now know that the cholesterol in the egg yolks does not effect the serum cholestrol levels as well. I think you can eat as many whole eggs that you want to, these days.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I love EGGCELLENT egg topics. I believe everyone will agree that eggs are a great source of protein. If a physician tells you to decrease your cholesterol consumption, there is no need to exclude eggs. Egg whites do not have cholesterol. Plus, egg whites contain the most protein of whole eggs. So putting the yolks aside still gets you ample protein for your muscles. EGGSPERTS say egg whites have amino acids for EGGSTRAORDINARY health. No pun intended.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I agree with you that natural vitamins and minerals including cholesterol will not harm you because food is the natural way of ingesting vitamins. I guess the cholesterol in the egg is not that harmful provided you eat moderately. I agree that anything that is too much can be harmful especially with the food that we eat.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I agree with you that natural vitamins and minerals including cholesterol will not harm you because food is the natural way of ingesting vitamins. I guess the cholesterol in the egg is not that harmful provided you eat moderately. I agree that anything that is too much can be harmful especially with the food that we eat.

Moderation is key to a longer, healthier, and happier life.