• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What inspired you to become a Bodybuilder?

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd have to go back when I was 15, I had always watched Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies and was facisnated about his size and perfection of his body how awesome it was.

Watching Conan The Barbarian ignited a flame of burning passion to become a bodybuilder and to pursue my dream of building a awesome physique. I never really got into any of the sports at my school i disliked them all, the only one i found of interest was Football (soccer) that soon ended when i moved to high school.

The only sport what would keep giving to me is bodybuilding and it always makes me feel Strong and powerful. When ever I broke barriers of my previous strength limits I get a high feeling of positive energy.

Favourite scenes of Conan The Barbarian what made me want to work out!
His recovery

and a battle scene.

Feel free to give your own story and bio and how you first got into the sport of bodybuilding.

Last edited by a moderator:
HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

The first Body Builder I saw was Lou Ferrigno in the Incredible Hulk tv series, I was like 5 years old, and I was shocked, he was the biggest man I've ever seen, also in the same week it was aired Pumping Iron, and I saw both him and Arnold, since then I've always wanted to get big, strong, huge.It took a long time for me to start training seriously cause as I stated before my family believes this is a sport for retards and meaningless so they tried everything to make me don't train, but now that thank god I have a job, nothing's gonna stop me.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
afaik we had a very similar thread already

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A photographer was taking a few pictures of me for a magazine and said I needed to add a few kilos to look really sexy.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i heated being the weak and skinny kid, and i was facinated by muscles and strenght early on. and thats what got me into it.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arnold Schwarzenneger's Commando (1985).

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My brother got me into the gym at 16 so I owe it to him...what kept me there was seeing flex magazine a few months later with Lee Priest on the cover, from then on I was hooked.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff