• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Steak!

203MH

Alright... i been relying on chicken and turkey breast for the most part of my protein source (excluding protein powders and breakfast) and i'm thinkin of switchin over to more steak... which steaks are the leanest? I know alot can be high in fat and many (if not all) the grocery stores don't really provide nutrition facts...
(Edit to be more specific) I'm not quite expecting something thats got .00001 grams of fat but something that i could eat more regularly

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unless you are on the final stages of a contest prep you are really worrying about the wrong thing.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright... i been relying on chicken and turkey breast for the most part of my protein source (excluding protein powders and breakfast) and i'm thinkin of switchin over to more steak... which steaks are the leanest? I know alot can be high in fat and many (if not all) the grocery stores don't really provide nutrition facts...

Look at the package it should say the % of lean beef go for anything around 90% assuming you know how to use it in your diet appropriately.

203MH

Look at the package it should say the % of lean beef go for anything around 90% assuming you know how to use it in your diet appropriately.

Yeah thats the other thing...at stores i shop it it'll say 80,90% lean for ground beef but for steaks, porkchops etc. it doesnt.. could just be the store

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah thats the other thing...at stores i shop it it'll say 80,90% lean for ground beef but for steaks, porkchops etc. it doesnt.. could just be the store

well stick to what can be measure then. If you don't know how lean a steak is the only thing you can do is speculate, i would stick with what i knew for sure, or what i am relatively sure of anyways.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well stick to what can be measure then. If you don't know how lean a steak is the only thing you can do is speculate, i would stick with what i knew for sure, or what i am relatively sure of anyways.

Chicken burger patties, hotdogs, etc have nutritional information on the box :borat:

Ben I know what you are saying, but I still think that the few grams of fat coming from steak is pretty easy to account for in a diet. The only time I'd be even thinking about it would be late contest prep. Obviously you don't want to be eating the steak with the lump of rind on it, but that is visual assessment stuff, a bit of extra prep with a knife before cooking, and easy to do.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chicken burger patties, hotdogs, etc have nutritional information on the box :borat:

Ben I know what you are saying, but I still think that the few grams of fat coming from steak is pretty easy to account for in a diet. The only time I'd be even thinking about it would be late contest prep. Obviously you don't want to be eating the steak with the lump of rind on it, but that is visual assessment stuff, a bit of extra prep with a knife before cooking, and easy to do.

Sure i agree, totally with what your saying Tim, the little amount of fat is insignificant. I was just entertaining his question even though i did not necessarily agree with it which i probably should not have done The correct post to make would have been to correct his misinformed question, which is what u did. I actually almost didn't reply after i read yr initial response bc nothing more needed to be said really.