• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

If your bored, play this!

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Free online FPS game developed into your browser, Quake live with new maps and weapons. Graphics good enough for any person to enjoy and easy to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have trouble with basic grammar read this:

Your, You're; There, Their and They're
Do you have trouble with grammar, specifically whether to use 'their' or 'they're', 'your' or 'you're'? English grammar is notoriously problematic for speakers of foreign languages to pick up because of its capricious and arbitrary nature. Native English speakers are not immune to its problems either, especially in the instances mentioned in the title of this piece.

Why bother figuring it out at all? Well, it's nice to learn how to use proper grammar because it makes one appear educated, and it also saves other people from grinding their teeth in frustration when they read what you have written. It may also possibly save you virtual beatings from objectionable grammar Nazis.

Your vs You're

Your = Possessive, also known by some people with fancy hats as the genitive case. Using the word 'your' in a sentence means that something belongs to someone.

Example: 'Your hat'. 'Your car' 'Your fancy gold bling chains.'

You're = Contraction. You're is simply the shortened version of 'you are'.

Example: 'You are awesome.' 'You are annoyingly pedantic.'

These two words cannot be used interchangeably, though spending more than five minutes on the Internet might make you think so.

Their vs They're vs There

Once again, three words which often cause problems. The correct usage is as in the above example.

Their = Possessive, genitive.

Example: 'Their cat was actually a dog.' 'Their party was fun.'

They're = Contraction short for 'they are. '

Example: 'They are so super.' 'They are the best kind of cheese balls.'

There = Place, antonym of here.

Example: 'Their cat is over there in the corner.'

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ouch...

And this is a repost. I think Hypo posted it earlier. Pretty fun game.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Your, You're; There, Their and They're
Do you have trouble with grammar, specifically whether to use 'their' or 'they're', 'your' or 'you're'? English grammar is notoriously problematic for speakers of foreign languages to pick up because of its capricious and arbitrary nature. Native English speakers are not immune to its problems either, especially in the instances mentioned in the title of this piece.

Why bother figuring it out at all? Well, it's nice to learn how to use proper grammar because it makes one appear educated, and it also saves other people from grinding their teeth in frustration when they read what you have written. It may also possibly save you virtual beatings from objectionable grammar Nazis.

Your vs You're

Your = Possessive, also known by some people with fancy hats as the genitive case. Using the word 'your' in a sentence means that something belongs to someone.

Example: 'Your hat'. 'Your car' 'Your fancy gold bling chains.'

You're = Contraction. You're is simply the shortened version of 'you are'.

Example: 'You are awesome.' 'You are annoyingly pedantic.'

These two words cannot be used interchangeably, though spending more than five minutes on the Internet might make you think so.

Their vs They're vs There

Once again, three words which often cause problems. The correct usage is as in the above example.

Their = Possessive, genitive.

Example: 'Their cat was actually a dog.' 'Their party was fun.'

They're = Contraction short for 'they are. '

Example: 'They are so super.' 'They are the best kind of cheese balls.'

There = Place, antonym of here.

Example: 'Their cat is over there in the corner.'

And what the fuck is your problem now?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ouch from Tim.

whats your vector victor?

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, its a repost is it? Well if it is then fuck me. Tim to break it down in a more understandable way, I don't know what the point is for posting that. If thats a way of humour I surely aren't impressed and pretty insulted. I try to not get in arguements but this is something I can't ignore, this really ticks me off when we can't just get along without targeting each other and showing other people up. Is my Grammar really that bad?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, its a repost is it? Well if it is then fuck me. Tim to break it down in a more understandable way, I don't know what the point is for posting that. If thats a way of humour I surely aren't impressed and pretty insulted. I try to not get in arguements but this is something I can't ignore, this really ticks me off when we can't just get along without targeting each other and showing other people up. Is my Grammar really that bad?

Tonka, just let it go. Its not worth your thought to stress over Tim.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems like you're just taking it the wrong way and taking it as an insult. To me, it looks like he's just giving you some grammar tips.
It doesn't look like he's trying to be funny or trying to insult you.
This sentence does not equate to "your grammar sucks. lulz." Don't take it harshly in that way.
To answer your question, your grammar could use work but I don't think using proper grammar is important on a forum, anyway, so don't stress over it unless you're writing some important paper or something.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And what the fuck is your problem now?
What a friendly reply.

Bigpimpin said:
Tonka, just let it go. Its not worth your thought to stress over Tim.
Considering it was a joke at the expense of the thread title as much as anything, yes he should let it go rather than flying off the handle.

Tonka said:
It was a joke, it was pointing out yet another thread title that was poorly written, it was many things.

Insulted? Better not ever let anyone hold you to any standards of any kind then :borat:

In what way were you targeted? I've posted similar comments in a lighthearted way (and occassionally not so) to many people. Dridz seemed to get the joke/comment and didn't fly off the handle.
Adam23 said:
Timpo think he knows everything.

lulz.
No. I only think I know more than you :gaysign:

Cardu said:
Your grammar, i guess

Tim = The new Jornt, fact!
You're right that I was offended by the incorrect usage of "your" once again.

And we both know that I can't replace JornT. I'd have to stop lifting, lose 30kg, bash my face against a wall, and learn to have epileptic fits to music.