• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I'm cheap so...

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am a cheap bastard now a days. I bought a house, got married and have a baby on the way so I am saving as much money as possible. I do feel a need for some supps though since some of my food isn't where it should be (veggies,fruits, high grade proteins) and I want to get back in the game.

I was thinking about getting:
Multi Vitamin
Multi Mineral (or the two combined)

Cheap add-ons as needed:
arginine
caffenine
b-complex
niacin
glutamine
creatine (monohydrate)
Whey protein

Where do you guys get your supps and where are the cheapest yet still decent quality? I ussually goto bb.com and get their generic supps. I am open to all suggestions.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

haha i'm just about in the same exact boat. just not married yet. i'm always checking on wheycheap.com they have one supp a day for like 80% off regular price. they always have good proteins, creatines, and everything you need. just gotta wait till it comes up. also check in the morning around eleven that's when they post the supp, they go fast.

buzzkill44

buzzkill44

oh and i get all my vitamins and what not at walmart. there stuff is actually pretty good, and super cheap.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya, wheycheap has been crucial for me lately. I don't mind if the product is almost expired.

Anyone have any other sites like wheycheap?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A1supplements. com

R

RIP

Whey2Buy.com Its the
same as Wheycheap ck it everyday.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you could throw in some Dextrose, its cheap. like everyone else said, Wheycheap and Whey2buy.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your list:
Multi Vitamin Not really needed
Multi Mineral (or the two combined) Not really needed

arginine Not needed at all
caffenine Not really needed
b-complex Not really needed
niacin Not needed at all
glutamine Not needed at all
creatine (monohydrate) Handy, but not needed
Whey protein Handy

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Would you recommend him to take those whey protein with 20% of BCAAs and 80% of protein?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Would you recommend him to take those whey protein with 20% of BCAAs and 80% of protein?

scratchhead-1.jpg

Do you mean combining BCAA and whey, or do you mean checking that the whey is actually decent quality?

Because most whey proteins (and I think most protein powders) are ~20-25% BCAA anyway.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I agree with Tim here. ditch everything apart from multi-vit and protein shake.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
scratchhead-1.jpg

Do you mean combining BCAA and whey, or do you mean checking that the whey is actually decent quality?

Because most whey proteins (and I think most protein powders) are ~20-25% BCAA anyway.

Exactly. What would you choose? Top-quality protein powder (99% protein) and then add some BCAAs or get standart quality protein powder (75% protein-25%BCAAs)?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats why I said they were "add-ons". You add them on as needed. They are supplements and I used them as I need to.

If you think caffeine is worthless/not needed then the Olympic Committee would have to disagree with you. I do say the least needed would be arginine then glutamine but still these kinds of things give me that extra boost and I can find most for under $10 for a large supply since they would be a no name brand.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exactly. What would you choose? Top-quality protein powder (99% protein) and then add some BCAAs or get standart quality protein powder (75% protein-25%BCAAs)?

BCAA is protein. Whey isolate is usually 85-95% protein, whey concentrate 60-70% and blends come in at ~80%. All of these proteins are usually made up of 20-25% BCAA, so a 90% isolate would be actually 70% other protein and 20% BCAA. I don't see the point of adding BCAA to protein, I do see a point to adding leucine, but not 100% convinced of this just yet.

Are we making the same point??

BigPimpin said:
If you think caffeine is worthless/not needed then the Olympic Committee would have to disagree with you.
Where did I say it was worthless? I said it isn't needed for standard training.

I think your list contains a lot of stuff that isn't needed. I trained for years with no supplements so I do know that if I was trimming it back to the essentials Whey would be one of the few left (creatine and multivit would be the others).

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would suggest a multi, fish oil, and a quality multi source protein. After a couple months of consistency, get some creatine and beta alanine. I always use bb.com. They have a price match too if you just call the 800 number.

Cork

Cork

I haven't checked out wheycheap, but like Creator said, bb.com matches and also they can sort supps based on cost per serving. You can really see what you're paying for.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would suggest a multi, fish oil, and a quality multi source protein. After a couple months of consistency, get some creatine and beta alanine. I always use bb.com. They have a price match too if you just call the 800 number.

I keep forgetting to write in fish oil. I love the stuff.

I also take glucosamine.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

beta alanine always make me throw up after a leg workout :bitenails:
take about 3g during my workout..

P

proteinguysx

Hi I wish I was in US to send oCENTRUM, please let me know if i can help you

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BCAA is protein. Whey isolate is usually 85-95% protein, whey concentrate 60-70% and blends come in at ~80%. All of these proteins are usually made up of 20-25% BCAA, so a 90% isolate would be actually 70% other protein and 20% BCAA. I don't see the point of adding BCAA to protein, I do see a point to adding leucine, but not 100% convinced of this just yet.

Are we making the same point??

Yeah, I do think we are making the same point. :thumbsup2:

I'll ask you, then, a new question, if you don't mind: is there in the market any product which offers protein without BCAAs, made only with, as you stated, only "other protein"? If so, then you'll need to add some BCAAs, don't you?

PS: I know my post might be a little bit hard to understand, I apologise for that, but I find this thread interesting as hell, I need to learn some things about supps from you, guys. :thumbsup2: