• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Offdays - Food and calorie intake.

X

Xiva

Banned
When you guys have offdays, what kind of changes do you make in your diet? - if you do any?

Personally i've just been skipping my shake and besides i eat less carbs and more fat at my offdays.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been lazy recently. Generally I try to keep the diet similar the day after, but more than one day off and I drop my intake back.

F

FinnGasolin

Tim: What is the reason for maintaining the same caloric intake on an off-day? (just wondering)!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim: What is the reason for maintaining the same caloric intake on an off-day? (just wondering)!

Recovery. Metabolic demand for recovery lasts between 36 and 48hrs. The day of a workout could actually be a lower calorie day in comparison.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I lower my carbs by 20%. I keep my protein and fat the same.

F

FinnGasolin

Tim: interesting, had no idea that the recovery-phase was so long!

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I try as much as possible to reduce my calorie intake.I rarely eat sweets and sugary foods and I try drinking a lot of water per day.But still calories are needed in the body for energy.