• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My favorite teams > yours

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Below I'm listing my favorite team for each sport, how they did last season, how long they've been my favorite team, and why they are my team.

Nope, I'm not a bandwagon fan.

Football
Who - Pittsburgh Steelers
Result - Super Bowl winners
How long - Since 1994/1995
Why - I live close to Pittsburgh, some of my family were Steelers fans

Basketball
Who - Los Angeles Lakers
Result - NBA Champions
How long - Since 1996
Why - I was born in Los Angeles, my father was a fan, and Kobe was my favorite player back in 96 when he was a rookie

Hockey
Who - Pittsburgh Penguins
Result - Stanley Cup winners
How long - Only one year or so
Why - Only because I live near Pittsburgh...I'm not a big hockey fan...this is the only team you could consider me a bandwagon for....

Baseball

Who - New York Yankees
Result - MLB Champions
How long - Since mid-1990's
Why - My grandfather has always been a big fan

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Football
Who - Chicago Bears
Result - Horse shit this year.
How long - Forever.
Why - From Chicago, the franchise has so much history as well as a ton of awesome players to go to the Hall of Fame, and they had arguably one of the best football teams ever. The '85 bears. (I don't know anyone from Chicago who doesn't own the '85 Superbowl on VHS)

Basketball
Who - Chicago Bulls
Result - gave the celtics a run for their money last year in the playoffs.
How long - Forever.
Why - They had the greatest basketball player ever along with the best team 72-10 BABY. I'll always remember never missing bulls games in the 90's.

Hockey
Who - Chicago Blackhawks
Result - Lost to Detroit in the play-offs last year.
How long - Probably since I was 6 years old.
Why - A lot of my family are huge hawks fans. I've heard a ton of stories from when they used to go to the games in the 60's and 70's.

Baseball
Who - Chicago White Sox
Result - 3rd Place AL Central
How long - Forever
Why - I used to love to watch Frank Thomas when I was a kid. 2005 is something I will never forget. Best team in post season history next to the 1999 Yankees.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well mine aint the best but ill join in to :io:
(and edit for sport reasons)

Football
Who - Minn Vikings
Result - Playoff loss last year, contenders this year :thumbsup2:
How long - Since ive been watching NFL as a kid
Why - Uncle was always a fan, and i grew up loving Moss at marshall (grand dad went there so always watched the games) so he has always been my fav player, loved watching him as a kid (still do)

Basketball
Who - T Wolves
Result - ....dont want to talk about it
How long - early 2000s
Why - Not quite sure really, never had a favorite team (this would be the closest to one), KG is my favorite player and i just started liking the team. (Also my nickname when i was the kid was the wolf, so naturally i had to like a team with my name :food-snacking:)

College football :)icon_ninja:)
Who - WVU Mountaineers
Result - Beat UNC in mid level bowl, hopefully going to step it up here soon
How long - Since birth
Why - Just about my whole family went there, and most born in the state. Grew up watching the games before i even knew what football was.

Baseball
Who - Seattle Mariners
Result - 3rd in AL West
How long - As long as i can remember
Why - My uncle and aunt live in seattle and whenever we visit them they would always take us to a mariners game. Grew up watching Jr in the kingdom, and watching him on tv every game when we were there. Now im a suffering fan, hoping for miracles from King Felix and Ichiro

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Detroit Tigers, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Lions

the only one im sad about are the lions but i do not switch teams like many others do based on success..

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't have a favorite team in any sport... I just like certain players.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont follow football or baseball.Stopped watching basketball like 10 years ago.Big time hockey fan thought..just like like IS i like certain players ,but ive been more of a ducks fan for years..and not because of the movie!:shakefist:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NFL Football
Who - Indianapolis Colts
Result - :dunnodude: I'm Australian
How long - Since 2007
Why - First game I saw live

Basketball
Who - 1991-1993
Result - NBA Champions
How long - Only for 1991 to 1995
Why - Basketball isn't a real game

AFL Football
Who - West Coast Eagles
Result - 12/16
How long - Since they formed in 1987
Why - First team I followed in any sport.

Golf
Who - Greg Norman
Result - Surgery
How long - Since early 1980's
Why - Played with decorum and style, made the professional tour better for every player, not just himself, and put himself in contention for more wins than everyone bar the Golden Bear (of course Woods has surpassed that now).

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
football

who- eagles
result- 4 straight nfc championship appearances, lost in the nfc championship game last year, made it to the super bowl in 2004 and 1980, has never won a super bowl
how long- since 1999
why- i liked mcnabb at with the orange and then he got drafted to the eagles

baseball

who- the cubs
results- world series champs 1908, last world series played was 1946

how long- forever!

why- wrigley field! i loved the stadium when i was a kid, my fav player was sosa, ive been there 8 times

hockey

who - penguins
result- stanley cup champs in 2009, 92 and 91

how long - 1992 i was 4!

why- lemiuex, jagr, francis!

basketball

who- the raptors
result- made it to the second round of the playoffs once in franchise history

how long- 1995

why- hometown team!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Football
Who - Philadelphia Eagles
Result - Playoffs?!
How long - Only 2004
Why - I've always loved football, but never really had my own team. After attending PSU's main campus - which is virtually deadlocked between Eagles and Steelers fans, a side had to be taken. Based on my friends, family, and the team itself, Philly was the easy choice. That, and I'm an eastern PAer.

Basketball
Who - The NBA sucks

Hockey
Who - Philadelphia Flyers
Result - Lost to Pittsburgh in playoffs?!
How long - 1991 or so
Why - Hockey was always popular amongst my family and my dad was a fan. That and, again, the eastern PA thing. I follow the sport much more closely now than I did when I was younger.

Baseball
Who - Atlanta Braves
Result - Missed Playoffs
How long - 1991-2
Why - Unlike hockey, baseball didn't get too much exposure in my family and, despite it being my favorite sport, I had to discover it on my own. I liked watching TBS at the time, which the Bravos played on at the time, and just sort of fell into watching them. I eventually came to love the organization in full.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Football
Who - For the past 4 years the Colts, prior to that it was the Steelers or Vikings when I was growing up.
Result - eliminated in playoffs
How long - 2005
Why - I really like Peyton Manning and that drew my attention to them. I like college football better so I have many NFL teams I like and teams I don't like. If I had to pick my favorite I guess it would be the Colts overall... barely.

Basketball
Who - Phoenix Suns!!!
Result - shitty season and early elimination in playoffs
How long - 2005
Why - My roommate got me into Basketball and the Suns were his favorite team and it carried over to me. I love the Suns and watching Steve Nash.

Hockey
Who - The NHL sucks, but I live in a desert.. can you blame me?

Baseball

Who - White Sox
Result - I dunno, baseball is boring. They didn't do as well as a few years prior I know that.
How long - Since the early 90's
Why - Starting when I was 8 I would save up my allowance and blow it on Frank Thomas cards and memorabilia. I liked Baseball back then and he was my all time favorite player. Big Hurt Baby!!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Football
Whoever the raiders are, fuck yeah.

Basketball
Chicago bulls

Hockey-
Mighty ducks

Baseball- i think when I visited the US when i was 6 i purchased some white socks. white sox?