• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cocoa may help reduce cholesterol levels

M

Mitchell

Natural compounds in cocoa and dark chocolate may aid the cardiovascular system by improving blood flow and reducing blood pressure.Scientists have also discovered that cocoa may help maintain healthy arteries.

The flavanols in dark chocolate and cocoa are key to heart health because they deactivate unstable molecules in your blood called free radicals. Free radicals can aggravate the bad cholesterol in your blood and lead to the clogged arteries. Flavanols have also been shown to stimulate the production of nitric oxide, a key gas inside artery walls that relaxes and widens arteries, allowing for the easy flow of blood and reduced blood pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are going to post something of this nature please cite a source and possibly more information.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They say that dark chocolate is the way to go to lower your cholesterol, because of the large amount of cocoa in it, compared to other chocolate products. Make sure though that you choose products with high cocoa content, that have the least processing. Organic chocolate has less processing than non-organic brands- halloween candy may have undesirable ingredients that may raise cholesterol, like whole milk.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Cocoa, Chocolate and Dark Chocolate are medically proven to have a positive effect in reducing cholesterol levels. It contains natural compounds called flavonols which helps in controlling cholesterol. Just be sure to use unprocessed or the least process cocoa products because it's healthier than the processed and adulterated ones.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me, the best benefit I can get from cocoa is the hot choco drink that gives me comfort from the cold weather. I don't know if chocolate has something to do with cholesterol but it has caffeine and that is the element that makes us alert.