• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Low impact cardio

F

FinnGasolin

Hello muscle heads

What are the most gentle forms of steady-state cardio? I'm thinking swimming, biking or the crosstrainer?

Just bought a stationary bike very cheap, because I'm thinking that it is very low-impact as opposed to running?

I know the question may seem rather obvious - just want to clear it out :)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Swimming is easily the lowest impact cardio, hands down.

Bike is a lower impact than running, but doing only one form of cardio can lead to some repetitive strain injuries, pretty unlikely on a bike though unless you're say a competitive cyclist doing it for many years/decades. You could do some other "high intensity" body weight exercises, like squat thrusts, they would be pretty low impact simply because if you do 15 straight, you're tired, as opposed to jogging which you can do for a very long time with constant pounding. Not only that, but they rock for overall health,cardiovascular fitness, and weight loss.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stationary bike is the form fo cardio i do most. and you're right, that is a low-impact or even no-impact form of cardio, so it's gentle on the joints.

my favorite form of cario however is swimming. easy on the joints, and you work your whole body and it's one of the most efficient forms of cardio in terms of burning calories.

F

FinnGasolin

Okay - I was already pretty sure - just needed confirmation ;) Right now, most of my cardio is running. Just want to cut it down a bit, since squatten 3-4 times a week + running isn't the best combo!