• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

100 Reasons to Squat

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Squats: 100 reasons why YOU do them
By Rachel Cassano

For www.EliteFTS.com

1.) “It's hard to puke doing curls.” – Dave Tate

2.) “It's a great excuse to wear a big ass belt that makes you look less fat.” - Dave Tate

3.) “I love hearing ‘head up’ and it NOT being from a teacher.” – Dave Tate

4.) “Bashing your head on the bar is totally okay.” – Dave Tate

5.) “Internal rage.” – Dave Tate

6.) “You can gear whore up more than any other lift.” – Dave Tate

7.) “Very few movements require the same degree of dedication, desire and determination as heavy squats. Squats are more than a physical strength builder and may be the only movement that builds a person’s character. Life is about standing up AFTER a heavy load takes you down.” – Dave Tate

8.) “Light squats need to be treated as though they are heavy and heavy squats as if they are light.” – Dave Tate

9.) “No other exercise requires the same degree of total body tightness as the squat.” – Dave Tate

10.) “Any movement that uses cues ‘head up’ and ‘chest up’ is providing more positive reinforcement in ONE workout than most people get in a month.” – Dave Tate

11.) “ ‘Tweeds’ never squat.” – Dave Tate

12.) “One of the few lifts that can cause blood, sweat and tears to leave the body at the same time - without you knowing.” – Dave Tate

13.) “Increases bone density.” – Dave Tate

14.) “I can’t stand to see a rack alone.” – Dave Tate

15.) “ ‘Scrop’ – nothing better!” – Dave Tate

16.) “Because you told me to!” – Chris Bell

17.) “Great assistance work for the deadlift.” – Jeff

18.) "There is simply no other exercise (and certainly no machine) that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat." –Mark Rippetoe

19.) “After breaking my ankle twice and destroying my knee wrestling, my doctor said I shouldn't squat or deadlift anymore. That was 5 years ago. No one tells me I can't.” – Roman

20.) “To prevent other people from doing curls in the squat rack.” – Nick

21.) “There's nothing like throwing 300+ pounds on my back at 5AM, right?” – Sam

22.) “It’s sadomasochism in its finest. The endorphins released by not getting crushed by a weight and completing the lift is immense. I also like the joy of being sore after a great session, as well as the complete stress release it has. After a hard squat session, I can’t be stressed because I don’t have enough energy.” – Curtis

23.) “For performance and the fact it makes me feel strong(er)!!!” - Luka

24.) “I wouldn't ask the kids I coach to do something I wouldn't do myself. Plus, they cure cancer.” – Chad

25.) “Because I can. Ok, so I also kind of like hearing the guys whisper ‘damn’ under their breath when they watch.” – Charlotte

26.) “They cure cancer. AND they make you one STRONG old lady pushing 60!!” – Elaine

27.) “I love the belt taking a few inches off my waist. No need for cardio!” – Curtis

28.) “If you don’t squat, you’re officially an arsehole!” – Sean

29.) “The squat just builds overall body power... no exercise like it.” – John

30.) “Nothing else gives that same sense of being a F*CKING man.” – Tone

31.) “If you go heavy enough you can see twinkling lights all year round instead of just waiting for Christmas.” – Steve

32.) “Because if I don't, I get cranky.” –Ben

33.) “I like breaking capillaries and blowing blood vessels in my eyes just so people look at me like I’m crazy.” – Peter

34.) “I like to see just how far I can push my body.” – Mike

35.) “I'm addicted to squatting. I don't even like it.” – Dan

36.) “They make me happy. And they give me something to look forward to all day on Mondays.” – Josh

37.) “They make my ass look good.” – Jane

38.) “They cure EVERYTHING!” – Joel

39.) “The only thing that feels better than squats are deadlifts, and because it makes me feel good for ages afterwards.” – Brian

40.) “I enjoy the pain and the misery of the hard work that it requires.” – Ken

41.) “To prove that it can be done even though I have a bad back, bad knee and messed up shoulder.” – Jim

42.) “Easy to do, long time to master.” – Timothy

43.) “It is HARD and I think it takes years off of your life when you use bands.” – John

44.) “It is great way to utilize the curling rack... Oh, and it is the GREATEST LIFT OF ALL TIME!” – Jerome

45.) “It’s better than a leg press.” – Mike

46.) “What else would I do on Sundays?” – Bill

47.) “Because cowards won't.” – Larry

48.) “More muscular bulk equals more muscular power. Squats are the best exercise to gain muscular weight, so squats are the most important lift.” – Todd

49.) “Squats build back strength contributing to other lifts. Even a bench press person can benefit the bench through squatting. I like the squat because it has a rebound motion making it different from the one-way pull-from-a-dead-stop of the deadlift.” – Hans

50.) “It makes me uncontrollably slap ignorant people… the whole day.” - Larry

51.) “I named my website deepsquatter.com…kind of stupid if I don't squat.” – Jason

52.) “I love squatting and occasionally puking from them. I thought I was really getting in great shape and the mad scientist Joe McCoy told me to do all my squat sets a couple weeks ago for 2 minutes straight, yeah I'm in great shape- puked everywhere. Whether it's speed reps, max effort or conditioning squats, they are ass-kickers for your whole entire body no matter what level you are..........if done right!” – Darryl

53.) “You don’t have to wait for the squat rack on Monday. Plus, squatting heavy validates your man card.” – Sam

54.) “It gives me a 'squat butt' that my husband loves!” – Kori

55.) “I am a sadist and it's the only piece of equipment in the chrome and fern gym that I train in that isn't always full of pumpers.” – Robert

56.) “I love the way a barbell feels and looks across my shoulders. It is also a great rehab for an ‘effed’ up knee/leg.” - Jerome

57.) “Same reason I deadlift. I like to go to failure and then have the weight drop off my back onto the racks so it makes a huge noise and interrupts everyone's set, so they can see how strong and awesome I am.” – Louis

58.) “Nothing drops panties faster than a heavy, deep back squat.” – Mike

59.) “It's an exercise that is rarely done properly amongst the general population, and I need to be good at something (because I suck at everything else).” – Brian

60.) “Develop more power in my legs to kick down doors.” – Bill

61.) “As soon as you sit back you can call your own depth...” – Ryan

62.) “My gym is full off sissies that do biceps and abs every workout.” – Brant

63.) “People who are smaller and weaker than me tell me not to squat and I choose not to listen.” – Andy

64.) “I love to squat. When I started lifting at age 13 I had one of those cement filled weight sets. There were a few iron plates that my dad let me have. I had no squat rack so I had to clean and press the weight overhead to squat. Fuck, I did floor presses before anyone, including me, knew what they were because I had no bench either. When I was around 18, I went to a friend’s gym and wanted to do a Tom Platz squat workout. I hit 315 for 15 and 225 for 25. Then I staggered outside and went down on all fours puking for at least a half hour. I couldn't walk right for a week and had to crawl up the stairs to my bedroom while my Mom heckled me from the bottom of the stairs.” – Paul

65.) “I believe the squat to be a very functional movement in life. If a lot of people learned how to do it properly, there would be a lot less lower back injuries.” – Jason

66.) “I like it when I squat to a box and people tell me I squat too low.” – Matthew

67.) “It is just plain fun!” - Jesse

68.) “When your squat goes up EVERYTHING goes up!”- Bobby

69.) “I don't want to be one of those guys in the gym with a big ass upper body and chicken legs.” – Brandon

70.) “Chicks dig big legs.” – Jon

71.) “Balance between the upper and lower.”- Richard

72.) “They hurt so good.” – Jordan

73.) “So that I can be the only one on my football team that actually squats.” – Morgan

74.) “I squat mainly because it makes me feel strong. I don't know, for some reason when I squat all my other lifts improve. Also, it impresses the shit out of the Average Joe.” – Charles Bailey

75.) “A guy who squats and has an iPod on, while wearing a ‘fuck you, pay me’ look on his face, doesn't get messed with.” – Jay

76.) “All the losers and dweebs are always hogging the leg press!” – Gordon

77.) “I want to see how far I’m willing to push my body. If you don’t squat, you’re gay.” – Matt

78.) “I love the challenge of it.” –Vince

79.) “Because no one else will!” – Sam

80.) “I love the feeling of not being able to walk or sit down for the entire week!” – John

80.) “I love the feeling of not being able to walk or sit down for the entire week!” – John

81.) “Running out the door to puke because it's closer than the bathroom is wicked cool.” – Dan

82.) “Because bars need to be bent.” – Adnan

83.) “It gives me a reason to drink more milk.” – Tyler

84.) “Squatting makes me want to eat more!” – Josh

85.) “I hate and fear them! Who in their right mind would want to put a weighted bar across their shoulders and possibly get crushed? Talk about facing your fears! I guess I’m not in my right mind.” – Kelly

86.) “I was told if I didn't squat I would go to Hell.” – Justin

87.) “I squat because God told me to.” – Howard

88.) “I squat because it is what I was built to do, plus my bench is weak!” - Dustin

89.) “Squatting is my anti-drug.” – Corrigan

90.) “Squats made hair explode out of my chest and face.” – Brian

91.) “The best way to gain overall strength is to squat. And squat heavy my friends - rumor has it that squats can raise test levels!” - Matt

92.) “Squats cure cancer.”- Ben

93.) “Chicks dig a big back squat.” – Michael

94.) “It’s one of the 3 lifts I compete in, and if you don't squat, you are a pussy.” – Chris

95.) “It’s more fun than benching!” – Jeremy

96.) “Keeps the hips and core strong and healthy.” – Dewey

97.) “To build leg mass.” – Charles

98.) “To keep the junk in the trunk tight.” – Kimberly

99.) “I like doing the stanky leg around the gym!” – Francy

100.) “So I can’t wear ‘skinny’ jeans” - Carl

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
“I want to see how far I’m willing to push my body. If you don’t squat, you’re gay.” – Matt

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
92.) “Squats cure cancer.”- Ben

66.) “I like it when I squat to a box and people tell me I squat too low.” – Matthew

51.) “I named my website deepsquatter.com…kind of stupid if I don't squat.” – Jason

:iorofl:

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, those are plenty of reasons to squat. Some other good reasons to squat are to burn fat, improve circulation, increase flexibility, enjoy some better posture, and tone your abs, legs, and butt as well.