• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Obama sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
lol. Hope & Change.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-obama-afghan-1202dec02,0,4142436.story

WEST POINT, N.Y. -- Announcing a major expansion of the war in Afghanistan, President Barack Obama on Tuesday said the swift deployment of 30,000 troops would be enough to break the Taliban before U.S. forces begin coming home in mid-2011, a calculation he is making to avoid a drawn-out, costly campaign.

35clzr9-1.jpg

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL funny picture!

I watched his speech last night and just the bullshit that comes out of this guys mouth is so irritating. I just started laughing when he said something along the lines of: "This increase in activity at Afghanistan will cost about 30 billion dollars (i think that was the number)" And then he proceeded to talk about lowering the budget deficit. What a douche.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At least he set a time table.

:dunnodude:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
At least he set a time table.

:dunnodude:
:bitelip:

time tables don't mean anything.

both of these idiotic wars will be passed onto the next adminstration.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only thing that is scary is the fact that Pakistan has nukes......and the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are in Pakistan.

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We are all ignorant to what is actually going on over there..think about it, if everything was reported by the media then wouldnt the bad guys just watch CNN?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We are all ignorant to what is actually going on over there..think about it, if everything was reported by the media then wouldnt the bad guys just watch CNN?

I can't trust the media.

I'm so disillusioned. :omgwtf:

Guess the media will appologise for hyping Obama soon then :bitelip:

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't trust the media.

I'm so disillusioned. :omgwtf:

Guess the media will appologise for hyping Obama soon then :bitelip:

HAHA!

Obama may have gone back on his campaign promises but McCain would have this, if not more. Lying is bad, but in any case more troops were bound to be sent over.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're all acting like Obama campaigned against the Afghanistan war. He was always for increasing troops in Afghanistan.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Off to the "Sandbox" with them.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HAHA!

Obama may have gone back on his campaign promises but McCain would have this, if not more. Lying is bad, but in any case more troops were bound to be sent over.

With both of those candidates, sure.

This is just lunacy. This is going to end very badly... you really must wonder how much time America has before the crash starts to happen.

Same old shit, O= W.

Obama: "This Is No Idle Danger, No Hypothetical Threat"
Bush: "The Enemies of Freedom Are Not Idle"
Obama: "We Have No Interest in Occupying Your Country"
Bush: "I Wouldn't Be Happy if I Were Occupied Either"
Obama: "We Did Not Ask for This Fight"
Bush: "We Did Not Seek This Conflict"
Obama: "New Attacks are Being Plotted as I Speak"
Bush: "At This Moment ... Terrorists are Planning New Attacks"
Obama: "Our Cause is Just, Our Resolve Unwavering"
Bush: "Our Cause is Just, Our Coalition [is] Determined"

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Soviet commander: U.S. faces similar Afghan fate

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/01/afghanistan.soviet.lessons/index.html

"We too entered Afghanistan with a large force," says Yermakov. "We came there not to conquer Afghanistan but to render international assistance to stabilize the situation there.

"But you cannot impose democracy by using force. An Afghan has agreed with you today, at gunpoint, that American democracy is the best thing in the world, just as he was once saying that the Soviet system was the best.

"But as soon as you turn around, he'll shoot you in the back and immediately forget what he was just saying.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With both of those candidates, sure.

This is just lunacy. This is going to end very badly... you really must wonder how much time America has before the crash starts to happen.

Same old shit, O= W.

Obama: "This Is No Idle Danger, No Hypothetical Threat"
Bush: "The Enemies of Freedom Are Not Idle"
Obama: "We Have No Interest in Occupying Your Country"
Bush: "I Wouldn't Be Happy if I Were Occupied Either"
Obama: "We Did Not Ask for This Fight"
Bush: "We Did Not Seek This Conflict"
Obama: "New Attacks are Being Plotted as I Speak"
Bush: "At This Moment ... Terrorists are Planning New Attacks"
Obama: "Our Cause is Just, Our Resolve Unwavering"
Bush: "Our Cause is Just, Our Coalition [is] Determined"

The sad truth of the matter is, no matter how good a candidates intentions are, there are some very powerful people behind the scenes who make life very hard.

You are quite right about the inevitable crash. Its only a matter of time. Its going to be rough when it does occur.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Soviet commander: U.S. faces similar Afghan fate

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/01/afghanistan.soviet.lessons/index.html

"We too entered Afghanistan with a large force," says Yermakov. "We came there not to conquer Afghanistan but to render international assistance to stabilize the situation there.

"But you cannot impose democracy by using force. An Afghan has agreed with you today, at gunpoint, that American democracy is the best thing in the world, just as he was once saying that the Soviet system was the best.

"But as soon as you turn around, he'll shoot you in the back and immediately forget what he was just saying.

This is an excellent quote that shows a lot about the nature of political ideologies and people's acceptance of them.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
You're all acting like Obama campaigned against the Afghanistan war. He was always for increasing troops in Afghanistan.

word. He always said that he would retreat from Iraq and send more troops to Afganhistan.. what's the news..

Change takes time... Obama is not the messiah or a magician that can make all the problems disappear, despite some people believe he is..

let him work. You will be the judge after 4 years.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
word. He always said that he would retreat from Iraq and send more troops to Afganhistan.. what's the news..

Change takes time... Obama is not the messiah or a magician that can make all the problems disappear, despite some people believe he is..

let him work. You will be the judge after 4 years.
you don't have to be a magician to end the wars.

I'm not expecting any president to be a messiah. I'll settle for a president who will end the wars and stop invading countries. :bitelip:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
you don't have to be a magician to end the wars.

I'm not expecting any president to be a messiah. I'll settle for a president who will end the wars and stop invading countries. :bitelip:

totally agree. but ending a war involves so much stuff. You can't just assume office and end a war. if you made it the first place it means that you have at least a moral obligation to that country (if you have good judgement) you have to make sure that your work is done, and the work in AFGN was necessary. There was lots of money involved, american money, there were lives involved , you can't just walk away. You have to be sure also that the country is ready to move foward. Hey who am I? I'm not even American so you may have a better perspective of things that i have.. but if he says that you need an extra 30 000 troops to get the work done and leave... let it be done. after that it is over. I think Obama wouldn't like to turn out to be a liar... I'm not seeing that in his character, I think he will bring the troops back by the end of the intervention period.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
t I think Obama wouldn't like to turn out to be a liar... I'm not seeing that in his character, I think he will bring the troops back by the end of the intervention period.

:umwtf:

... should I keep going?

Natzo said:
if you made it the first place it means that you have at least a moral obligation to that country (if you have good judgement) you have to make sure that your work is done, and the work in AFGN was necessary. There was lots of money involved, american money, there were lives involved , you can't just walk away. You have to be sure also that the country is ready to move foward. Hey who am I? I'm not even American so you may have a better perspective of things that i have.. but if he says that you need an extra 30 000 troops to get the work done and leave... let it be done. after that it is over

You honestly believe this? America strongly backed both Saddam and the Taliban directly, neither of whom likely could never have gotten in power without that help. When has America EVER went in, got the work done and then left?