• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MuscleMecca: How was your Bodybuilding & Lifting for 2009

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With 2009 almost over and done, how was your bodybuilding / gym lifting year?

*did you reach your set goals & what were they?
*did you get any injuries
*Highlighted moments through some of the best days in the gym for 2009
*Personal bests
*failed attempts
*New supplements your've tried etc

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

*Personal bests
*failed attempts

Goals: I reached some of them. The basic ones like fix my hammys, get my lower traps firing properly, and benching pain free have worked. Actual goal PB's were a little illusive.

Injuries: I came into the year with both hammys injured. I strained my wrist on several occassions due to poor Clean technique when racking to the shoulder. I also developed a pain in my left knee due to poor motor habits out of the gym. Gradually fixing all of these.

Highlights: Benching without pain, as I was previously having to drop the bench for months at a time, and getting back to PB territory. PB's on the weighted chinup and ATG squat. Getting the hammys working well, for possibly the first time ever. Having my list of PB's read out at my wedding to "ooo's and ahhh's".

PBs: ATG Squat of 165kg, C&J of 115kg (crap form though and wouldn't have passed in a meet), Snatch of 95kg (ditto, had bent elbows and locked it out), Chinups of BW+55kgx2 (or was it a triple of single???).

Failed: Didn't improve my squat like I had hoped, didn't manage to surpass my bench PB, am still getting my deadlift back to what I was lifting this time last year.

Supps, etc: Got new shoes, knee and elbow sleeves, and a dip belt. Why I didn't make this change earlier I don't know. Have decided I will get a belt and some wraps for my knees and wrist (getting old) for my work over 85%. Tried a fruit punch whey isolate that was really good. Tried a pre-workout NO supplement and wanted to cut my tongue out with a rusty lemon covered bread knife. Plus the NO confirmed my opinion of these supps as worthless (except for the stimulants).

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I reached my goals !! Being stronger than ever and looking better than ever.
No injuries so far.
Highlight was getting a bj from a personal trainer (female you fags)
Personal best was doing BW bench press for 15 reps.
Failed attemps, trying 2.5 BW squat for one rep and almost dying :D
No supplements besides whey and tons of meat.

What are yours Driddz ?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Goals: My main goals were to dead and squat 180kg... I have deadlifted that weight, but we still have a little bit of time to get the squat!

Injuries: I've had a few niggles through the year, but nothing serious.

Highlights: Training with Pickle and El Freako, hitting 180kg deadlift, completing the entirity of Smolov squat program.

PBs: 170kg Squat, 180kg Deadlift.

Failed Attempts: I had a few failed attempts at getting 180kg squat... put me off squatting a little bit for awhile.

C

Comin_Up

*Personal bests
*failed attempts

Ok so lets see

Goals: Well my goals were just to get strong gain as much muscle as i could and lean out and actually follow a diet for once. So i gained about 6 pounds and lost 2 % bf so as far as that i did. :thumbsup2: i got stronger as well not a whole lot but i did and as fort the diet that was a fail for sure. i hate diets.

Injuries: Had a few nagging ones but no biggies. So thats good.

Personal Bests: Got a 350 bench, a 450 squat and 430 deadlift at a bodyweight of 155 so those are my bests and they are all new and achieved this year.

New supplements: Tried carnivore and the fruit punch in gatorade was good but the blue rasberry was the worst thing ever, but it deifnetly workd and worked fast. Good supplement.:borat:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2009 was the worst year of my life.. working out was the last thing on my mind.. i hope for better things in 2010

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Goals: training more than 200 days. I did. 4 times a week, I never skiped a training session.

Injuries: for once in my life, NONE.

Highlights: getting back on the squat rack after 10 months.

PBs: squatting almost 2x BW

Failed Attempts: I failed again at having a TRUE bb diet. Mine is good, but not great.

cereal

cereal

*Personal bests
*failed attempts

1. I had a diet. goal was to get rid of fat.
2. diet stopped when my shoulder popped, and rest of the year, the shoulder was my goal (to get it back in the game etc.)
3. I finally started doin ATG squats
4. didnt even try 'em
5. diet (shoulder injury)
6. teh russian secret (not bulkpowders version), Pro-CK (creatinol-O-phosphate)

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What are yours Driddz ?

lets see
*Personal bests
*failed attempts

1* one of my goals was to be around 90 - 95kg by the end of the year, but of course it didnt happen, im currently still at 85kg but alot leaner.
2* Nope, zero injuries for 2009 but i did get sick afew times which forced me to withdraw from training for a week or so
3* squating 180kg and deadlifting 180kg, New training partner, new diet and workout program, learning new tips about food and doing tyer flips and joining a new gym
4* 180kg squat, 180kg deadlift
5* don't think there was any failed attempts
6* PEA - not really a bodybuilding supplement but it releases the same effect as being drunk but without drinking.
try almost every flavour of 100% ON Whey

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

*Personal bests
*failed attempts

i guess my goal was to get under 84kgs, im now 83 so im happy with that, but also just stick to my diet more then 3 weeks and it has been 5 weeks and still going strong

no injuries, like always

it felt pretty good doing 100kg bench press and deadlifting 190kg those are also my PB

i fail at dieting, i tried during the summer and failed like always

hmb and zma and the eas fatburner, tryed diffrent flavours for my whey and meal replacement

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2009 was the worst year of my life.. working out was the last thing on my mind.. i hope for better things in 2010

Sorry to hear that but I thought you were happy, "engaged and with a surprise". What went wrong, mate? :umwtf:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

*Did you reach your set goals & what were they?
I think I only set myself one goal and sadly did not make it. I was aiming for a 170kg bench but due to travelling interupting my training regime that will be a bit of a way off now.

*Did you get any injuries?
Had major rotator cuff problems earlier this year but with the addition of a consistent prehab regime and the subtraction of OH lifts I seem to be on the mend and even improved my bench.

*Highlighted moments through some of the best days in the gym for 2009?
Lifting with Skippy and Pickle, beginning training at hardcore haven Muscleworks.

*Personal bests?
1RM on squats: 200kg, bench: 160kg and deads: 230kg

*Failed attempts?
Bench: 170kg x 1 and deadlift: 240kg x 1

*New supplements you've tried etc
None.

Goals for 2010?
Squat 210kg, bench 170kg, deadlift 250kg.
Compete in at least one powerlifting comp.
Find out what my abs look like.
Maintain dominance of over other Australian members in the Aussie-off.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry to hear that but I thought you were happy, "engaged and with a surprise". What went wrong, mate? :umwtf:

everything went wrong, the matter is private, i cant share this openly sorry.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

It was good for being the first year, huge gains, and I saw some competitions, met a lot of interesting people in the sport, and learned the basics of training, from 2010 I'll surely do things better, more focused and smarter.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Started off great ending poorly though...

I'll make 2010 a better year all around

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP

*Personal bests
*failed attempts

Goals: keep training was the main one, and i've done it. That was pretty much it since I enjoy lifting and that is the main reason why i do it but I tend to sacrifice gym first over other things.

Injuries: Nothing relevant. Shoulder/trap/neck area hurted a couple of times, but nothing serious, two or three days off and it was fixed.

Highlights: Crossing 100Kg x 5 reps in Bench Press was great (weaksauce yeah, whatever). Being able to do weighted pullups again was a thing that kept me going too. And of course, when I joined my actual gym and used a proper squat rack for the first time!!

Personal bests: i've bested my Bench (both flat and incline), Squat (obviously, i only did smith's before), row (reached BW(85Kg)x10 recently)...

Failures: i haven't PB'd deadlifts :tear:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I cant say it was all bad.. i got my dream car just last month..

Infinity G35 M6 Coupe with the sports package/brembo brakes.. i love it..