• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sugar May Be Bad, But This Sweetener Is Far More Deadly

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most of you already know this but this is pretty informative.

Scientists have proved for the first time that fructose, a cheap form of sugar used in thousands of food products and soft drinks, can damage human metabolism and is fueling the obesity crisis.

Fructose, a sweetener usually derived from corn, can cause dangerous growths of fat cells around vital organs and is able to trigger the early stages of diabetes and heart disease.

Over 10 weeks, 16 volunteers on a controlled diet including high levels of fructose produced new fat cells around their heart, liver and other digestive organs. They also showed signs of food-processing abnormalities linked to diabetes and heart disease. Another group of volunteers on the same diet, but with glucose sugar replacing fructose, did not have these problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We've had this discussion a few times.

There is a difference between fructose from fruit and HFCS found as an additive or sweetener.

Oh and I can quite safely say that using corn syrup as a sweetner is just plain stupid. It doesn't taste anywhere near as good as sugar cane. Chocolate is just so much better in countries that use real sugar.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
We've had this discussion a few times.

There is a difference between fructose from fruit and HFCS found as an additive or sweetener.

Oh and I can quite safely say that using corn syrup as a sweetner is just plain stupid. It doesn't taste anywhere near as good as sugar cane. Chocolate is just so much better in countries that use real sugar.

I've read that a long time ago aswell. Fructose has a lot of benefits but High Fructose Corn Syrup? thats shit is lame. Sometimes people think they are being healthy by getting canned fruit but they dont realize that it is drenched in HFCS.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i honestly cant imagine anyone so stupid that they`d think canned fruit is healthy... if they do then they deserve the HFCS`s

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ its not stupidity, its ignorance.

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eventually the majority will look like this

2527550954_6321d513e8-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle