• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

benchpresstrouble

M

mattw7

hey

anyone feel free to help me out on this.

im having touble getting my pecs to do the work and feel the pump on the bench press, i think it could have something to do with my shoulder blades and there placement on the bench, what do you guys do with your shoulders when your about to unrack the bar??

cheers

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I know what you mean. One of my old training partners used to do this and it's pretty simple to correct.

Lie back on the bench grabbing hold of the bar, then retract your shoulder blades and stick your chest out, throughout your reps keep your form like this and it should hit your pecs.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
yup. I do that and then i place my feet back and arch my back a bit while expanding my ribcage and sticking my chest out... dunno if that makes sense lol

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's some videos on YouTube that show proper technique. Check out some powerlifters, they know what they're doing. ;)

I feel like such a pro positioning myself on the bench, haha.