• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Recommendations for workout videos pls

F

fitNryt

So how do I tone my arms without bulking up?
I've tried some net articles about this but I'm getting nowhere.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm just not following instructions that well. Maybe if I could see how it's done. Any idea how to get videos of workouts?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi Nryt
your've done the right thing by making a thread to ask your questions
but in the wrong section but thats okay, it will be moved to the correct area of the forum

for us to be able to help you, if you don't mind
can you share some details about your self with us

Weight
height
any pictures
what your current diet looks like
current workout routine looks like

with that information myself and other members will be able to help you with the correct diet and training routine for you to reach your set goals

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Moved to the training section.

To "tone up" your arms without "bulking" up is essentially a contradiction in terms.

"Tone" is a poorly derived term used by mainstream media or personal trainers. What they are meaning with this term could be "becoming leaner" or it could mean "becoming more muscular". Either way the end result is muscle that is more noticeable.

"Bulking up" in the manner you have used it is ellusive. Bulking up is generally a term for putting on mass, but I think you are referring to the large mass gains that you see in pro-bodybuilders or in people who gain a lot of weight with not all of it being muscle.

To have more defined arms requires the addition of muscle mass and/or the loss of body fat. This results in the muscle becoming more prominant.

Now that we have cleared that up, if you could provide more details, as Dridz has pointed out above, then we can address more specifics.

F

fitNryt

I'm 5'3 and I'm 187 lbs. I'm sorry about the contradicting terms. I'm new at this. I meant that although I like seeing muscles (like pro-bodybuilder's) in other people, I think it just wouldn't look right on me since I'm a little small. I want to have defined muscles much like a swimmers'. Sorry if I'm pretty vague.

I'm just starting out so little patience with a newbie would help a lot

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
As Dridderz pointed out earlier, what is your current training program and how is your nutrition?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also may want to add some estimates of your bodyfat. At 187lb/85kg and 5'3"/160cm you would be considered obese.

So unless you are already pretty muscular, then I'd say the first step is getting more active and cleaning up your diet.