• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Scott Mendelson 490kg bench attempt

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, good thing all those guys were spotting nicely.
would have been much worse

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is that even an attempt?

medicineman

medicineman

is in my book....im not bout to get under a 1/2 ton

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is that even an attempt?

Has to be. He got bitch slapped by a skinny kid, got his bench shirt on, unracked the bar and lowered it.

Is it only an attempt if he gets it half way up, or 1/4 of the way up in your book :bitelip:

There's a point there about what attempt means.

Justwonderin

Justwonderin

EPIC....failure

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1081lb negative is still pretty impressive.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not when you're wearing an ultra-hard benching shirt.

From my understanding, getting under the weight with a bench shirt on means that missing a lift can actually be more dangerous. Someone with equipped lifting experience may be able to comment further.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has to be. He got bitch slapped by a skinny kid, got his bench shirt on, unracked the bar and lowered it.

Is it only an attempt if he gets it half way up, or 1/4 of the way up in your book :bitelip:

There's a point there about what attempt means.
This time I really can't tell if you are serious.

He got slapped. Cool. He has his bench press shirt on. Also cool. He didn't unrack the bar himself, there's a big difference (not that he even could though). No, he doesn't have to do all that himself. I'm just pointing it out.

But yes, this is an attempt to me. But as we can see, it not even close. So this could easily be categorized as not an attempt at all.

All the respect to him, it's a shitload of weight, but it's clearly more than he (and/or the bench press shirt) can handle. :gaysign:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This time I really can't tell if you are serious.

He got slapped. Cool. He has his bench press shirt on. Also cool. He didn't unrack the bar himself, there's a big difference (not that he even could though). No, he doesn't have to do all that himself. I'm just pointing it out.

But yes, this is an attempt to me. But as we can see, it not even close. So this could easily be categorized as not an attempt at all.

All the respect to him, it's a shitload of weight, but it's clearly more than he (and/or the bench press shirt) can handle. :gaysign:

So I went out after months of training and grabbed a barbell and loaded it up with a PB just above my current best lift. I then began to lower the bar and realised on the way down that all that planning that I was not up to this weight. MY ATTEMPT TO LIFT A PB HAS FAILED.

He attempted to lift the weight. It was a realistic attempt as it is only a few pounds more than what he had lifted previously. Now I would agree with you if he had never lifted more than say 900 or 950lbs, but that is not the case.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Would you climb under a half ton even with an ultra hard bench shirt on?

Well, the thing about benching with gear is that you have to get it on you chest at first, shirt makes it pretty difficult. And yeah I would, if I had ~10 spotters around me, although it would be pointless.

Scot is the man none of the less.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, the thing about benching with gear is that you have to get it on you chest at first, shirt makes it pretty difficult. And yeah I would, if I had ~10 spotters around me, although it would be pointless.

Scot is the man none of the less.

True enough, but he lowered it in a resonably controlled manner, a feat not many could do with that weight.