• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dymatize - Vanadyl

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Vanadyl, the micro-mineral derived from Vanadium, has been shown effective in helping to increase Insulin sensitivity. The main advantages of increased Insulin sensitivity are that it could promote less fat storage as well as that it may act as an Amino Acid magnet to cells. 120 Caps. 1 capsule contains: Vanadyl Sulfate 10mg, Chromium Picolinate 100 mvg.

Recommended Use: Take 1 to 2 capsules 5 minutes before protein and carbohydrate-rich meals; not to exceed the recommended capsules per day. For optimum results, take 2 capsules within 1 hour of workout accompanied by a meal.

Consult with a physician prior to any dietary supplementation. Do not use if you have a history of low blood sugar. Diabetics may use only under a physicians supervision. Do not use if pregnant of lactating.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

What do you think? anyone familiar with the substance?

it it worth it? I think its cheap and can add something when stacked with maltodextrine and whey for post workout?

Last edited by a moderator:
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your best bet would be to look for studies performed with this substance and see the result

most likely just more BS... along the lines of creatine ethyl ester....

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
your best bet would be to look for studies performed with this substance and see the result

most likely just more BS... along the lines of creatine ethyl ester....

nop.. it was very popular among bodybuilders in the 90's.. for it's insulin mimic attributes..

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some evidence backing up the claims:

Oral vanadyl sulfate improves insulin sensitivity in NIDDM but not in obese nondiabetic subjects.
M Halberstam, N Cohen, P Shlimovich, L Rossetti and H Shamoon

Abstract
We compared the effects of oral vanadyl sulfate (100 mg/day) in moderately obese NIDDM and nondiabetic subjects. Three-hour euglycemic-hyperinsulinemic (insulin infusion 30 mU / m / min) clamps were performed after 2 weeks of placebo and 3 weeks of vanadyl sulfate treatment in six nondiabetic control subjects (age 37 +/- 3 years; BMI 29.5 +/- 2.4 kg/m2 ) and seven NIDDM subjects (age 53 +/- 2 years; BMI 28.7 +/-1.8 kg/m2). Glucose turnover ([3-3 H]glucose), glycolysis from plasma glucose, glycogen synthesis, and whole-body carbohydrate and lipid oxidation were evaluated. Decreases in fasting plasma glucose (by approximately 1.7 mmol/l) and HbAlc (both P < 0.05) were observed in NIDDM subjects during treatment; plasma glucose was unchanged in control subjects. In the latter, the glucose infusion rate (GIR) required to maintain euglycemia (40.1 +/- 5.7 and 38.1 +/- 4.8 micromol / kg fat-free mass FFM / min) and glucose disposal (Rd) (41.7 +/- 5.7 and 38.9 +/-4.7 micromol / kg FFM / min were similar during placebo and vanadyl sulfate administration, respectively. Hepatic glucose output (HGO) was completely suppressed in both studies. In contrast, in NIDDM subjects, vanadyl sulfate increased GIR approximately 82% (17.3 +/- 4.7 to 30.9 +/- 2.7 micromol / kg FFM / min, P < 0.05); this improvement in insulin sensitivity was due to both augmented stimulation of Rd (26.0 +/-4.0 vs. 33.6 +/- 2.22 micromol / kg FFM / min, P < 0.05) and enhanced suppression of HGO (7.7 +/- 3.1 vs. 1.3 +/- 0.9 micromol / kg FFM / min, P < 0.05). Increased insulin-stimulated glycogen synthesis accounted for >80% of the increased Rd with vanadyl sulfate (P < 0.005), but plasma glucose flux via glycolysis was unchanged. In NIDDM subjects, vanadyl sulfate was also associated with greater suppression of plasma free fatty acids (FFAs) (P < 0.01) and lipid oxidation (P < 0.05) during clamps. The reduction in HGO and increase in Rd were both highly correlated with the decline in plasma FFA concentrations during the clamp period (P < 0.001). In conclusion, small oral doses of vanadyl sulfate do not alter insulin sensitivity in nondiabetic subjects, but it does improve both hepatic and skeletal muscle insulin sensitivity in NIDDM subjects in part by enhancing insulin's inhibitory effect on lipolysis. These data suggest that vanadyl sulfate may improve a defect in insulin signaling specific to NIDDM

Plenty of research done on it in regards to diabetes and the obese. The problem is, that as this study indicates, it isn't something that has an impact on everyone in the population. Most studies I can see indicate that athletes receive little to no benefits from it.

The effect of oral vanadyl sulfate on body composition and performance in weight-training athletes.
Author: Fawcett, J P : Farquhar, S J : Walker, R J : Thou, T : Lowe, G : Goulding, A

Citation: Int-J-Sport-Nutr. 1996 Dec; 6(4): 382-90

Abstract: The effects of oral vanadyl sulfate (VOSO4) (0.5 mg/kg/day) on anthropometry, body composition, and performance were investigated in a 12-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial involving weight-training volunteers. Performance was assessed in the treatment (VS) and placebo (P) groups using 1 and 10 repetitions maximum (RM) for the bench press and leg extension. Thirty-one subjects completed the trial, with 2 VS subjects withdrawing because of apparent side effects. There were no significant treatment effects for anthropometric parameters and body composition during the trial. Both groups had significant improvements in performance but the only significant effect of treatment was a Treatment x Time interaction in the 1 RM leg extension (p = .002), which could have arisen because the VS group had a lower performance at baseline in this test. It was concluded that oral vanadyl sulfate was ineffective in changing body composition in weight-training athletes, and any modest performance-enhancing effect requires further investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
got it today.

i'll let you know how it goes.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
And?

I like it, I've been putting muscle constantly in the past months, I think this is a legit product to combo with malto and protein + creatin for post workout and before breakfast. My diet is good right now and consistent, I've made some muscle gains since I started taking it .. so I think i'll keep this. It's function in terms of muscle building makes sence to me.

I like it so far, it's cheap, I'll keep it. :thumbsup2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And?

I like it, I've been putting muscle constantly in the past months, I think this is a legit product to combo with malto and protein + creatin for post workout and before breakfast. My diet is good right now and consistent, I've made some muscle gains since I started taking it .. so I think i'll keep this. It's function in terms of muscle building makes sence to me.

I like it so far, it's cheap, I'll keep it. :thumbsup2:

Not to go all scientist-y on you but:

1) How have you isolated the effects of the supplement from all other factors?

2) How have you measured insulin sensitivity?

3) How do you account for variation in response?

The reason I ask/state these things is that I think you didn't read my original post in this thread. Vandyl Sulphate has only been shown to have an affect in diabetes patients. So while it has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity, it is not something significant to athletes or lean people or average people for that matter.

Now that is not to say it won't work, as you may have non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus or be close to it, or have something else that would show a response. Just want to know how you are making this judgement, as you could be fooling yourself.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^^

Yeah I understant what you say, that's why I didn't bump this thread, I can't evaluate Vanadyl's performance it's not a supplement you can notice that is making a huge difference or even the slightest one. Chewie asked what I tought.. so I said what's true, since I have been taking I've made some noticeable muscle gains -- but I don't atribute that to vanadyl, I've been eting more and progressing in the gym at a good pace. Vanadyl is cheap, it's concept makes sense to me combined with the pw shake, I do think it is a substance that deserves more attencion than million other supplements available out there. It is not going to give you huge gains, it's a supplement, you may have some gains from it by using it constantly over the years.
But once again I atributte all my gains to diet and training, that are really good right now.

I read your post, I made this thread looking for you scientific advise to be honest, and I honestly say that I wouldn't have purchased it if I had seen your post before.

J

jemvendor

Vanadyl Sulfate, one of the a lot of accepted bodybuilding supplements, is acquired from the trace mineral vanadium and has been apparent able in allowance to access Insulin sensitivity. The capital advantages of added Insulin acuteness are that it could advance beneath fat accumulator as able-bodied as that it may act as an Amino Acid allurement to cells.