• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Possible Pec Injury

GetSize

GetSize

Is it possible to have a slight pec tear and it not bruise? Is it even possible to train chest with a slight pec tear? I feel discomfort/pain where the pec and shoulder tie-in more so on the pec. I dont feel any pain while training shoulders. Its not an excruciating pain but something I feel while training chest mostly especially incline flys.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it possible to have a slight pec tear and it not bruise? Is it even possible to train chest with a slight pec tear? I feel discomfort/pain where the pec and shoulder tie-in more so on the pec. I dont feel any pain while training shoulders. Its not an excruciating pain but something I feel while training chest mostly especially incline flys.

Yes it is absolutely possible to have a tear in a muscle and their be no bruising, especially if the tear is more deep as opposed to being superficial. I would go to a doctor and get an MRI to see the extent of your injury so you can find out what exactly it is you are experiencing, and the correct treatment/therapy to make sure the injury heals to allow for proper function in the future.

GetSize

GetSize

Yes it is absolutely possible to have a tear in a muscle and their be no bruising, especially if the tear is more deep as opposed to being superficial. I would go to a doctor and get an MRI to see the extent of your injury so you can find out what exactly it is you are experiencing, and the correct treatment/therapy to make sure the injury heals to allow for proper function in the future.

Thx for the response BB. I feel I have been getting 100% out of my chest workouts but ive dealt with this slight discomfort. Im wondering if I am injured why has it not gotten worse? Its the only reason why I continue to train. But I will get the MRI regardless.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yes it has gotten worse. Especially if you are doing flys. Be smarter about injuries, ignoring it is setting you up for a major problem.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i was having pain and discomfort in the same area a few years ago... some people told me it may have been tendonitis though... i dunno. either way i layed off of it for a while and stretched it often and only worked out to get some blood flow and a small pump but light weight. Eventually it got kinda healed. I still feel it every few months but only after or towards the end of my workout.

is that u in your avatar and sig? if so, you look fantastic, great quads and upper body from the front atleast.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please go to the doc. I had the same issue. Trained through it until a 120lb DB got away from me at the gym and I tried to fly it back and my pec ripped. Still no bruising but horrible pain and now you can tell the muscle did rip. Get it checked out!

GetSize

GetSize

Thank you all for the responses. I hope I have not injured myself too much. The hardest thing to do is take off time in the gym or just back off for a while. Im preaching to the choir. lol Thanks again.

JoaoT

JoaoT

Best recovery for you man. Focus on treat your problem so you can move and train as soon as you wish.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you all for the responses. I hope I have not injured myself too much. The hardest thing to do is take off time in the gym or just back off for a while. Im preaching to the choir. lol Thanks again.

One side note: Use your instincts. When a doctor says they can't do anything for you and you know something is wrong then get another opinion. They said I was fine and just needed to heal. Two years later I went to a sports doc and they said I blatantly needed surgery at that time.