• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What's new with you?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Due to my epic boredom while fixing my Dad's laptop problems I thought I'd start a new thread.

Its a new year and as the title says: what's new with you? Meaning what has changed in your life in the past year? Personal, occupational, geographical, training, etc?

Me:
-I've moved back to Australia from the UK and have now settled on the Gold Coast.
-I'm totally unemployed and finding work is turning out to be difficult.
-I finally have a car again, a 1998 Nissan Pulsar SSS that cost me $5500. Its need some work but it goes well enough.
-Since returning to Oz I'm weaker and fatter, this needs to change.
-I've changed from Westside to Wendler's 5/3/1 template. It will hopefully allow me to regain my strength at an easy pace.
-I can military press again! It looks like my shoudler problems have eased enough that overhead pressing is possible again. However OH squats are still a definate no-no. I tried, the pain was unbearable.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... anybody else?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got married.
I am benching without pain and squatting without knee swelling - might be over some long term injuries.
I'm a Wendler convert, so I'm following someone else's program for the first time in years.
I hate doing thesis corrections, this is different from hating doing final thesis drafts which I had last year.
I own more property.
Have been building a guitar, have the body mostly done, now the neck needs making.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
nice thread guys, i feel so connected.

- Been single since november (4 year relationship)
- Only had sex once in that time (since ive been single I mean)
-Sticking with Brisbane because it is smaller then sydney and bigger then dubbo
-Recently quit my job in the bank... who takes a job in the bank?
- Am investagationing what is required to join qld police force. ( i may not have the education pre req's so may have to go do some studies! lol)
-i rent a house with a guy i met at the bank and his mrs. we have a pool which elfreak and skip refuse to come swim and drink beer in.
-Am currently the strongest ive ever been, with plans to get stronger. The only injuries ive ever had were lower back and its manageable atm.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
- Am investagationing what is required to join qld police force. ( i may not have the education pre req's so may have to go do some studies! lol)

I thought the only thing you needed to qualify for Qld Police was to be able to swing a baton hard enough to break the skulls of hippies and uni students. :e5dunno:

I would have thought the fact that you can use a computer and speak coherently would over-qualify you, let alone any other qualities you poses (admittedly the sexiness would be against you, Aust police aren't sexy)

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
I thought the only thing you needed to qualify for Qld Police was to be able to swing a baton hard enough to break the skulls of hippies and uni students. :e5dunno:

I would have thought the fact that you can use a computer and speak coherently would over-qualify you, let alone any other qualities you poses (admittedly the sexiness would be against you, Aust police aren't sexy)

lol, yeah i thought you could just be a police officer. Apperently not. if your in my boat (less then 5 years fulltime work) you have to show some academic proess, be healthy, no previous trouble with the law, resident and drivers liscence. The only thing im worried about is education, In my tenure at uni i should of gone to more then just my philosophy classes because passing 4 philosophy subjects wont get me in (had to of passed 8 subjects lol) Im hoping to get in off my cert IV in fitness, some cert IV in fitnesses will recognise but some wont. (doesn't look too good, but ill keep you posted, hypo style)

lol @ speaking coherent and sexiness.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
nice thread guys, i feel so connected.

- Been single since november (4 year relationship)
- Only had sex once in that time (since ive been single I mean)
-Sticking with Brisbane because it is smaller then sydney and bigger then dubbo
-Recently quit my job in the bank... who takes a job in the bank?
-i rent a house with a guy i met at the bank and his mrs. we have a pool which elfreak and skip refuse to come swim and drink beer in.
-Am currently the strongest ive ever been, with plans to get stronger. The only injuries ive ever had were lower back and its manageable atm.

:iorofl:

@Freako just proved to me that Lost's island is in fact Australia.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^wait what? you realize im not freako ? he is about 1/8th my height with more chest hair and a pale english complexion.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^wait what? you realize im not freako ? he is about 1/8th my height with more chest hair and a pale english complexion.

yeah.. sorry .. the Lulz was for you. the Lost thing was for Freako.

and you received another Lulz for that.:iorofl:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
interesting thread

- I'm becoming a Manhattan snob. Despite the fact that I actually live in the ghetto, I loathe leaving Manhattan and scorn other boroughs.
- I should finish my second Master's degree this summer. Finally.
- My wife and I, after being married for over a year, are finally having a ceremony. We fly back to Japan next month for it.
- Debating staying a high school teacher or going for a Phd.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
sweet lifterdead,

i didnt know any of that about you.

fuckin snob... j/k

whats for the plus side of doing a phd? :p im pretty sure they kill relationships

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
- Debating staying a high school teacher or going for a Phd.

Toss up between dealing with idiots all day or recalcitrent foggies. The latter at least allows you to call yourself Doctor whenever anyone tries to get uppity at you.
Pickle said:
whats for the plus side of doing a phd? :p im pretty sure they kill relationships
Made our relationship stronger. Can be hard financially, but we are good with money so it didn't really hurt us.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Phd's are for fags. Attempting 3 different degrees but completing none of them is where its at!

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phd's are for fags. Attempting 3 different degrees but completing none of them is where its at!

Nah, Phd's are just for vaginas. Lately I think I've been turning into one.

If only my school had a weight room! I'd elect myself weight training coach and be happy for the rest of my days.

Tim, remind me, what are you studying again?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
comedy studies.. and he is failing in all subjects.

:deadhorse: lame.

lifterdead said:
Tim, remind me, what are you studying again?
Science PhD. Plant nutrition is the field.

Although I've just sent off a ruminant nutrition paper this week and am about to submit some stuff to an agronomy conference. I've become really good at jumping subjects because I can see what is important and what is just useless details, but makes it hard to "incorporate the knowledge" without someone else in the field making contributions.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
since i can see you all dying for knowledge on MrChewiebitums, i will leak some info on my life so far

- Got my driving licence
- Changing career path (its either Pharmacy and Applied Biomedical Sciences)
- Going to start my first job soon making racing bicycles
- Penis finally passed the 10inch mark last fri

no phD`s here....

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
ok my turn:

-ive put too much unwanted weight on, although my body fat is at 15% i look more and i want this to change.
-currently doing well at uni getting 1st throughout modules (now this is a change from last year :omgwtf:)
-My strength has gone up and ive put more size on
-ive dropped HIT and my training currently is geared towards volume and getting stronger (5x5)
-looking for a part time job because i desp need money for flight to US again to visit FL. (its already booked for sep). as well as that, i need money for FOOD! dam parents wont buy me what i want. basicallly my diet atm is that of a toddler.
-havent a fucking clue what to do job wise when i leave uni in the summer of 2011 (so im stressing).

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PV info coming your way

-Started my semester at school that deas with legal stuff, really interesting
-Gonna apply for interships this month, at the international office of the hague goverment or the european commision of chemical weapons
- Following 5/3/1 and loving it
-Currently trying to save up some money to go to FIBO again this year
- Plan on gettin a new tv, a 42 inch plasma, for better ps3 pleasure

What else?

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
-working my way through my 3rd year in college, getting bs in biochemistry.
- started doing research in a school lab, doing composition analysis and fatty acid analysis of fish
-living in a new apartment this year

dont have much else new going on that i can think of