• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutting Diet-Imput Appreciated

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright let me start off by saying that I haven't posted in a while and I'm a bit rusty. I have been busy with school since this is my senior year of college and I also started my student teaching this past semester so I have been busy as hell. But I'm a p.e. teacher now and to be honest, I have let myself go from what I used to be. I'm disgusted with how much fat I have put on and it's time to change it. No more excuses. So here is my diet that I have spent some time working on. Let me know if you have anything that I should change.

Weight: 200 lbs.

Daily Intake
Cals: 2400
Protein: 250
Carbs: 260
Fat: 40

Per Meal
Cals: 400
Protein: 42
Carbs: 43
Fat: 7

Meal 1 (6:30 a.m.)
1/2 cup raw oats
3 egg whites
1 scoop ON's Protein Powder in water
Meal 1 Totals:
Cals: 440
Protein: 27.8
Carbs: 29.6
Fat: 4.05
Sat Fat: .75

Meal 2 (9:30 a.m.)
1.5 tbsp all natural peanut butter
1 oz. almonds
2 cups raw spinach
Meal 2 Totals:
Cals: 332.5
Protein: 14
Carbs: 12.5
Fat: 26
Sat Fat: 2

Meal 3 (12:30 p.m.)
6 oz. grilled chicken breast
1/4 cup brown rice
1 cup chopped raw carrots
Meal 3 Totals:
Cals: 397
Protein: 44.5
Carbs: 44
Fat: 2.5
Sat Fat: .6

Meal 4 (3:30 p.m.)
4 oz. drained tuna
2 slices whole wheat bread
3/4 scoop protein shake in water
Meal 4 Totals:
Cals: 337.5
Protein: 46
Carbs: 26
Fat: 5.13
Sat Fat: .38

Meal 5 (6:30 p.m.)
6 oz. grilled chicken breast
1/4 cup brown rice
1 cup chopped raw carrots
Meal 5 totals:
Cals: 397
Protein: 44.5
Carbs: 44
Fat: 2.5
Sat Fat: .6

Meal 6 (Bed)
2 cups of Fat Free Cottage Cheese
Meal 6 Totals:
Cals: 280
Protein: 52
Carbs: 20
Fats: 10
Sat Fats: 0

Post Workout Shake (When ever I finish my workout, different workout times depending on the days)
1 scoop ON's protein powder in water with Dextrose
1 bananna
Post Workout Shake Totals:
Cals: 240
Protein: 25
Carbs: 31
Fats: 1.5
Sat Fats: .5

Daily Diet Totals:
Cals: 2424 grams (over 24 grams)
Protein: 253.8 grams (over 3.8 grams)
Carbs: 207.1 grams (under 52.9 grams)
Fats: 51.68 grams (over 11.68 grams)
Sat Fats: 4.83

Supps:
ON's Protein Powder
BCAA's
Dextrose
Fish Oil Caps
Sesamin
Multivitamin
White Tea

Well there we go. I think this is pretty solid, but as always any input is greatly appreciated. Do my supplements look solid as well? I just wanted to keep it with the basics.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly it looks great! I suppose someone will suggest that you remove the banana, which is a bad suggestion. Keep your cells healthy, keep your banana. The only assumption I am making is that I assume you have accurately matched your training routine to this diet or vice versa to reach your goal. The proportions of calories are apprpriate, the food choices are good also, the only real error you could be making is to be over eating, but I assume you are training hard in which case your burning more calories and keeping at least a nitrogen equilibrium so as to not waste muscle.

The only diet change i might suggest is to add a complete protein to meal 2. Add some BCAA or something with a full amino acid profile to that meal.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Only thing I'd say is that you don't have a heap of vegetables or fruit in the diet.

I'd also add that you've got protein powder in meals that I'd have at "conveniance" times during the day. Better to use the protein powders/shakes for when they are superior, rather than with a meal like breakfast.

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea, all of the break downs are what I am supposed to be taking in for my body weight. I am doing a split routine 5 days a week with cardio every day so I'm sure that I will be buring those extra calories. Plus I teach p.e. and I'm walking around all day. I understand what you are saying Tim and I will keep that in mind.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks very solid to me man, only thing that you could do different is adding some veg in some meals, like broccoli. High volume, high fiber, low cals, so you add little to no kcals by eating them bu the volume of food becomes greater, which in turn helps with the hunger

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea, I'll prolly switch the veggies up if I get tired of them after a while. I just like spinach, it's easy to eat and easy to throw into the lunch box early in the a.m.