• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Flex Lewis takes the 2010 season off

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
LEWIS NOT FLEXING IN 2010

Flex Lewis has decided not to compete in 2010

March 19, 2010

By Zack Zeigler

FLEXONLINE.COM
James "Flex" Lewis, one of the IFBB 202 division's most popular athletes, has opted to sit the 2010 competitive season. His reason: to make improvements.

"It was a hard choice because I'm a very competitive person," Lewis said. "But with the support of my wife, nutritionist Neil Hill and my sponsors, I know this is the right thing to do."

Without a significant break from training since he was 19 years old, the now 26-year-old Lewis has come to understand what he needs to do in order to advance.

"I didn't see myself winning the Olympia 202 [Showdown] in 2010," he admitted. "So I'm going to use 2010 to focus on improving my chest and back. One of the key words for me will be balance. I will create better overall balance between my upper and lower body. When I step onstage again in 2011, the changes I've made will be noticeable."

PHOTOS: FLEX LEWIS FROM THE 2009 OLYMPIA 202 SHOWDOWN

The shows Lewis has marked on his calendar in 2011, as of now, are The Flex Pro, which will be held in Los Angeles, California on February 26, the Arnold Classic and the Mr. Olympia.

"FLEX has supported me in everything I do, and I want to support them on their first show," he said.

In the meantime, Lewis will be devoting his efforts toward entrepreneurial endeavors.

"I'm planning to open my own 40,000 square-foot gym, which will take a significant amount of time. But with that said, a lot of emphasis will go into my training."

LEWIS NOT FLEXING IN 2010 - Flex Online

Last edited by a moderator:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I saw him at the fit expo, dude was FREAKY.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His back looks good to me... I agree his chest needs more work.

_MG_7076.jpg

Mike33

Mike33

Can be very smart to take a whole year of... To make the improvments he needs to take Henry and English on :) But his young! Has time.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hes lucky gaspari have invested a lot in him. otherwise it would be bye bye

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The Flex Pro :zangief: I may attend that

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good for Flex!
He will be the Mr O 202 soon enough..

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More like to take on Lee Priest!
Good idea on his part, imo.

Lee Priest is unstoppable! :cool:

There's been a trend lately of IFBB pro's taking the entire year off. I can't say that I don't support it though because if it helps them get bigger and getting closer to their goal, who am I to judge. Why take two steps back when you can take one step forward.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got faith in the Giant Killer!
tafo5k-1.jpg

10nhp1i-1.jpg