• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Opinions on pre/intra/post nutrition

Svartberg

Svartberg

Hi guys,

What are your opinions pre, intra and post nutrition intakes? I'm not talking about an hour before, but let's use an example with glutamine and BCAA. Glutamine is supposed to be taken immediatly after exercise, while BCAA is before and after. I'm only working out for 50 minutes to 70-80 (at max), so should I really care that much about it?
Could I just slam the whole thing together; glutamine, bcaa, whey and mal/dextrose, and drink it intra workout, as in taking the first sip when performing the first few sets, and ending the workout drinking the last few 'drops' in the shake?
Thanks in advance.

NOTE:
My english is really bad, so when I say drops, it's just because I don't know the proper word for the last few sips of a drink.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I may be out dated but besides a preworkout meal if you wanted to use supps you can try BCAA and leucine before the workout. I would say water only during the workout, maybe water with some electrolytes(salts) but that doesnt seem necessary unless it is really hot where u live, even then i would not use more than half a lemon and a teaspoon of salt per liter of water. And whey and dextrose post workout. I like amino acids and leucine post workout as well.

Svartberg

Svartberg

Thx Bigben
bumping for more answers please :)