• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fruit and Veg for Fatloss

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How should you go about putting in fruit and veg when your trying to cut fat?
Do i count the calories or no?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Veggies are perfect for a diet, very low cal, full with fiber, i would say add some greens/broccoli to every meal that is low carb

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont count them, i just add some veggies to a meal because of the low cal content, the nutrients they provide and the fiber. 100 grams of broccoli is like 15 kcals or some, so very low, and the body burns more calories when digesting vegetables compared to the amount they contain

Svartberg

Svartberg

You should obviously count calories for fuit, a banana contains (roughly) about 30 carbs, and to be honest you should avoid any type of carbs with a high GI index (sugars, dextrose, fruits etc.) while doing a cut, except for when you wake up in the morning or pre/post workouts.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so your saying i should remove fruit from a cutting diet except for the morning?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
2 pieces of fruit should be fine, just keep an eye on the calories.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thx!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unless you are getting contest lean there is no need to worry about fruit and vege calories (unless you are consuming large amounts of potatoes or the like and not counting them).

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are counting calories then yes, absolutely you need to account for them because they are calories.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

musclemidget5

If you cut out all other starches, grains, and processed foods, and are only eating lean cuts of meat w/o any seasonings or sauces, chances are, you will lose plenty of fat. If you are trying to get in extreme contest condition, you may need to remove some of your extra calories from fruit as you near the final weeks of your prep. If fruits and vegetables are your only sources of carbs(and you are ingesting adequate amounts of protein, you should be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how much calories should come from fruits and veg?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Thinking about fruits and veges, you don't eat them for the calories, you eat them for the vitamins/minerals/fibre. Eat enough to be healthy, but include those calories.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How much IS healthy?

I was thinking 2 oranges + banana and veg basically peppers, since the only other veg we get are marrows (disgusting), carrots and so other nasty crap i was touch with my fork.
Should i aim for one or two peppers a day?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Whatever you think would be healthy then double it and add 10%.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok thats what i`ll do but 4oranges, 2 bananas and 4 WHOLE peppers seems like quite a lot for me.

6ft 4", ~87 Kg (morning weight) BF ~15%

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ A lot?? You haven't got any greens, very little fibre and usually you aim for more vegetables than fruits. Just saying.

Also it would be worth having a read of the article I posted on Acidic diets. Points out how there are only really a few vegetables/foods that can balance out eating proteins and the like.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Roger that.
Thx

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
How much IS healthy?

I was thinking 2 oranges + banana and veg basically peppers, since the only other veg we get are marrows (disgusting), carrots and so other nasty crap i was touch with my fork.
Should i aim for one or two peppers a day?

The Australian guidlines for the average person are 2 serves of fruits and 5 serves of vege per day... but thats just average person, so increase that by a couple serves each and you'd be running pretty well.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
everythings been covered. Sounds like your a bit fussy though.

Cabbages, Brocollis, cauliflower, Snow peas, tomatoes, Lettuces, Capsicums, Cucumbers, Green Beans, Spinach find which ones of these you like and fill up on them. If your not a salady person cook up spinach, cabbage, broccoli and green beans put a bit of soy sauce with them reduced sodium if you have to and feast. BAM

Edit:

Squash and Zuchini are pretty much the bomb as well. If you havent had them go get yourself some.

p.s Mashed cauliflower is the buisiness. Just like mashed potatoe only far less calories