• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Steve56 DC Journal

Steve56

Steve56

I have basically the same journal over at intensemuscle and RX muscle..but i wanted to start it over here as well.I have not posted here in a while but im going to start again..RX and Intensemuscle are basically the only two boards I'm on.....I have trained DC for about 1 year put on about 12 pounds of lbm..just blasting and cruising...so here goes my two way split

some info
Age - 25 training serious since 2005, lifetime drug free
height - 5'8
current weight- 192 lbs

and here is a current pic

14_weeks_out11-1.jpg

Steve56

Steve56

I'm going to copy paste some of my posts from over at IM over here

love to hear from you guys, comments, questions, tips, advice...so we can all learn from each other!!

4/17/2010

Incline Smith Bench press- 275...6+3+2 = 11 reps total

Behind the neck smith presses- 185...6+3+2 = 11 reps total

CGBP smith - 275...8+2+2 = 12 total reps

* stretched chest,delts, tris

Weighted chins - 1 straight set w 25 lbs plate...1 x 12 reps.(static hold)

Barbell row- 1 set 315 x 8

Lat stretch

Steve56

Steve56

Current Supplements

True Protein- Whey isolate cold filtered
True Protein - Glutamine
True Protein- BCAA 4-1-1
Twinlab- Ultra Fuel Carb drink-malto
ON - CGT....Creatine,Glutamine,taurine
Swanson- Golden fields fiber soluble and insoluble fiber
Vibrant Health- Green Vibrance- Green food source of vitamins, minerals and polyphenols
Solaray- Super Digestaway enzymes
Vitamin C,E, B-complex, and Vitamin D
Swanson- Green Tea extract EGCG
Fish Oil

A lot of stuff but it all has its purpose

Steve56

Steve56

4/20

Barbell Curls - 110 lbs...15+8+5 = 28 total.( way to light..want to stay in 11-20 range)
Alt Hammer Curls - 65's.. 11+5+5=21 total

* Bicep Stretch...using dumbells laying on a flatbench..seen Shelby do these..they kill

Leg Press Calf raise- 5 plates per side 1 x 10...brutal with 15 sec hold on the bottom

Lying Leg Curls- 120...11+6+3= 20 followed by 20 sec static hold

Squats- 315 x 5

followed by a 20 rep widdowmaker with 225

* Hamstring and Quad stretch

First time squating in 8 weeks...had some bad pain with my hip flexor..everything felt fine just need to get used to using heavy weight again

Steve56

Steve56

4/22

Decline Barbell Bench Press (free weight) - 275 x 10+3+2 = 15 reps
Standing Unilateral Shoulder press- 3 plates..right arm 8+4+3 = 15..left arm 8+5+3 = 16

Floor Skull crushers - 100 lbs x 15+5+3= 23

V-Grip Pulldown - 220 lbs...10+5+3= 18 total reps...20 sec static hold

T-Bar rows (in the corner) - 7 plates x 10....back off set i went balistic and did 20 reps with 6 plates!!

Im going to try and describe the Standing Hammer shoulder press....basically you stand in front of a hammer strength incline chest press...again you can only do this unilaterally
grab the handle on the outter most part...get it up to shoulder height and do a one arm shoulder press....great feel on these my delts were toast afterwards....not sure if you guys can get the description...next time i do them i'll video it!!

Steve56

Steve56

4/24

Morning Weight 192.8

Machine Preacher Curl - 155 x 12 + 5+ 3 = 20 total reps followed by 20 sec static

Cable Reverse Curl - 30 x 10

* Bicep Stretch

Leg Press Toe Raises - (rest paused) 5 plates each side x 12+7+4 = 23

Sumo Leg Press - 8 plates each side x 10

V-Squat - 6 plates x 4 reps

WM set- 4 plates x 20 reps

Hamsting stretch
Quad Stretch

Steve56

Steve56

4/27

193 lbs

Chest
Hammer Strength Incline - 4 plates + 25 lbs (each side).... 11+2+1 = 14 total (20 sec static)

Shoulders
Smith Military Press - 225 lbs.... 8+4+2 = 14 total reps

Triceps
Smith Reverse Grip Bench - 275....8+4+3= 15 total reps

Back Width
Underhand Pulldowns - 200....11+4+3 = 18 total reps (20 sec static)

Back Thickness
Deadlifts - 405 x 6 , 315 x 15

Did all the stretches at the end of the workout

* Underhand pulldown are probably my favorite back width movement

* I also did Shelbys Tricep Stretch love it...it really stretches the tris and ties in that entire region..chest,delts, and tris

Triceps Stretch

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^

glad to see a new log !

great Deads bro!:thumbsup2:

can you elaborate why you like DC training?

keep it up!

Steve56

Steve56

^^^

glad to see a new log !

great Deads bro!:thumbsup2:

can you elaborate why you like DC training?

keep it up!

Love the intensity, i have always been a believer in low volume training...coupled together with hitting the muscle more often and creating more growth phases during the year then you would with conventional training...I also love that its all about progression, you're constantly trying to beat the log book and either do more reps with a certain weight or increasing the weight...the proof is in the puding, I like to track my gains and use a 9 site caliper bf test to keep track of my LBM and this past year i have put on 12 lbs of lean body mass......the two previous years combined I put on 9 pounds!!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow bro!

that's some awesome gains !

hey if ain't broke don't fix it. Just blast and cruise..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is a great log already. I'm most definitely going to keep checking this log for sure. I've read a lot about DC training, and am really considering it next off season. It incorporates a lot of what i believe in, constant progression, periodization, various rep schemes, going to failure, etc.

Looks like you have a great physique judging by your avatar! Have you been training DC for just a year? 12 pounds in one year is great man! keep it up, I'll be reading along.

Steve56

Steve56

This is a great log already. I'm most definitely going to keep checking this log for sure. I've read a lot about DC training, and am really considering it next off season. It incorporates a lot of what i believe in, constant progression, periodization, various rep schemes, going to failure, etc.

Looks like you have a great physique judging by your avatar! Have you been training DC for just a year? 12 pounds in one year is great man! keep it up, I'll be reading along.

Thanks PistolPete...The first time I tried DC training was in 2007, I did one blast for about 8 weeks...got good results and then i went back to training the old way becasue i was training with a friend of mine..blah blah blah...but the past year i would do 10 week cycles...i would blast for 8 weeks take one week off completely and then the second week very light pumping sets just getting blood into the muscle, nothing to failure 20-30 min workouts...and then back into it full blast for another 8 week blast!!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds awesome bro. What is the pump like going to failure with DC? Not that its a big issue of mine at all, im just curious. Also, do you do a lot of warming up before you go into your working set? How do you think the post workout stretching has worked for you. Do you also try to be progressive with the stretching as well? Do you incorporate any of Dante's nutrition advice? I know he does some crazy stuff like carb cut offs, lots and lots of protein. He also includes a fair amount of cardio, do you do that as well? Thanks man!

Steve56

Steve56

Sounds awesome bro. What is the pump like going to failure with DC? Not that its a big issue of mine at all, im just curious. Also, do you do a lot of warming up before you go into your working set? How do you think the post workout stretching has worked for you. Do you also try to be progressive with the stretching as well? Do you incorporate any of Dante's nutrition advice? I know he does some crazy stuff like carb cut offs, lots and lots of protein. He also includes a fair amount of cardio, do you do that as well? Thanks man!

1. The pump and fullness in the muscle after it is rest paused and put through a hellacious extreme stretch is preaty crazy...quads after a 20 set widdowmaker are beyond pumped.

2. Depending on the excercise..i do warm up more for squats, deads, and shoulder presses..anywhere between 1-4 warmup sets..for biceps its sometimes only 1 warm up

3. The extreme stretching is crucial to DC training...helps with recovery, helps stretch the muscle fascia, as far as the look of the muscle? much fuller look...for me especially, in the quads, chest, delts, and arms

4. Dantes nutrition protocols of high protein, carb cut offs, not mixing fats and carbs, and cardio done even during offseason is exactly what the doctor ordered for me...help me stay leaner while gaining mass...I only do carbs in the morning and around my workouts...protein at about 2 g per pound of BW....cardio done 4 times a week twice a week low intensity cardio and twice a week max ot HIT cardio....I'm a former fatty lol so during the offseason when im getting an influx of calories 2 HIT cardio sessions per week dont in any way hurt me as far as making gains...they keep my metabolism up..Dante likes Low intensity cardio, as do i during precontest but for me 2 sessions a week of HIT cardio dosent hurt me

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3. The extreme stretching is crucial to DC training...helps with recovery, helps stretch the muscle fascia, as far as the look of the muscle? much fuller look...for me especially, in the quads, chest, delts, and arms
Joints might think otherwise..be carefull with it.I included some some DC principals in my training past winter and got good results without "exreme streching".I would advice you to not use any weights to force you muscles to stretch.Just use natural streching positions.Good luck!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You asked for some feedback:

Extreme stretching is dicey. Take a look at Shelby's shoulder position in his "triceps" stretch; they are placing a lot of strain on the shoulder. Load this position and there are a lot of issues around the corner.

Not a fan of the smith machine. I found out very early in my training that it just doesn't fit anyone, let alone me. THen I found out why.

Aside from that an interesting log. Most here are more volume focussed. Makes for a bit more diversity and discussion. :tiphat:

Steve56

Steve56

You asked for some feedback:

Extreme stretching is dicey. Take a look at Shelby's shoulder position in his "triceps" stretch; they are placing a lot of strain on the shoulder. Load this position and there are a lot of issues around the corner.

Not a fan of the smith machine. I found out very early in my training that it just doesn't fit anyone, let alone me. THen I found out why.

Aside from that an interesting log. Most here are more volume focussed. Makes for a bit more diversity and discussion. :tiphat:

Its all good...we can all learn from each other

Steve56

Steve56

My last workout on 4/29...was a disaster..I was set to do legs, wasnt fully recovered went ahead and trained them anyway and i paid the price...terrible workout!!

Todays workout was much much better

5/1/2010
Chest
Incline Smith - 275...10+4+2= 16 total....5 more reps then last time

Shoulders
Behind the neck smith press- 185...7+3+2=12 total...1 more rep then last time

Tris
CGBP - 275....8+3+2= 13 total...2 more reps then last time

Stretched Chest, Delts, and Tris

Back Width
Weighted Chins- BW +25 = 11 reps
BW + 45= 7 reps

Back Thickness
Barbell rows- 315 x 9

Back stretch

Steve56

Steve56

May 4th
Morning Weight - 193.7

Biceps
Barbell Curls - LT(Last Time) 110 lbs 28 RP - TT(This Time) 125 lbs 15 RP

Forearms
Hammer Curls- LT(Last Time) 65 lbs 21 RP - TT(This Time) 70 lbs 14 RP

Calves
Leg Press Calf Raise - 5 plates 1 set 10 reps (stretch at the bottom)

Hamstrings
Lying Leg Curls - LT(Last Time) 120 lbs 20 RP - TT(This Time) 120lbs 25 RP

Quads
Squats - LT(Last Time) 315 x 4 - TT(This Time) 315 x 6
WM Set (LT) 225 x 20 - TT 225 x 20

* Great Workout, beat the book on all lifts
* Next workout Increasing the WM set by 10 lbs

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good log man, great sessions!