• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Choice on Joint Supplements?

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

are there any stand out joint supplements you stand firmly by/ used for a long time? i need suggestions because after going through several, they don't seem to do much

MrThinker

MrThinker

UPSLabs SuperCissus RX has work well for me. I have torn ligaments in my both shoulders and this product have help me battle through many intense workouts. I do cycle UPSLabs SuperCissus RX with Animal Flex (Other Good Joint Supplement). For me after a while been on any supplement it will begin to lose it effects after a while. Four months on SuperCissus RX and one month on Animal Flex and I continue this cycle throughout the year.

SuperCissus RX does not contain Glucosamine, Chondroitin or MSM like Animal Flex.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UPSLabs SuperCissus RX
I got a bit of interest up and had a look for the science backing this supplement up. I battled to find anything of any substance with relation to the claims. Did find some studies on fracture healing that all the supplement companies reference. One major flaw was that they were published in the prestigious Indian journals of medical research. This is about equivilent to referencing a post on GetBig to prove scientific validity.

T

TitanCT

i use any generic cissus with any generic glucosamine with msm and chondroitin. have horrible knees and a bad ankle and i herniated a disc in my back a few years ago and they found some fun new things in my spine after the MRI. these def help. the prob is they take a couple weeks to start working, in my experience.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got a bit of interest up and had a look for the science backing this supplement up. I battled to find anything of any substance with relation to the claims. Did find some studies on fracture healing that all the supplement companies reference. One major flaw was that they were published in the prestigious Indian journals of medical research. This is about equivilent to referencing a post on GetBig to prove scientific validity.

You would be correct, at least as far as I know. The idea is a nice one but in theory their are a lot of issues with the idea. Number one being that proteins, including glucosemine and chondrotin which are large proteins, will not remain proteins once ingested. Even if they did not experience hydrolysis the proteins, macromolecules, would be too large to pass the size specific membranes in small intestine. If the proteins were absorbed into the blood through the small intestine, the proteins would still have to make it to the damaged area and not be treated as a foreign invader by the persons immune system. Then they would have to pass into the connective tissue cells, which have poor blood supply any way, and be used accordingly.

To me the idea of these supplements seem not likely in theory, and b/c of that I am ignorant of any research done on them. The supplements I have read studies on that do seem to work well on joints usually possess ingredients that have proven anti-inflammatory effects, or ingredients that have been shown to increase plasma IGF-1 levels to a statistically significant level.