• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

how much whey protein is to much?

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

hello,

i was wondering how much whey protein is to much? now a days i diet on 300g whey protein and 500g chicken carbs comes from pasta and oats.

i weight 265lb now and trying to loose some weight, i started doing cardio 30 min/day 5 days a week and increasing intensity gradually.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
300 gr + 0.31*(500gr) = 455grams of protein from whey and chicken breasts.

1,71 grams of protein per pouns of bodyweight... it might be a good amount of protein.

How many cals are you eating? Cardio looks good to me.

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

300 gr + 0.31*(500gr) = 455grams of protein from whey and chicken breasts.

1,71 grams of protein per pouns of bodyweight... it might be a good amount of protein.

How many cals are you eating? Cardio looks good to me.

not sure about amount of calories but its 400g protein and 450g carb and 60g fat.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most of us heard at least once you shouldn't abuse of whey protein.

Common sense says you shouldn't eat only pills and powders but I also need a scientific approach to this subject.

I'm pretty sure some of the gurus on the Mecca will post some interesnting links on this...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd be more concerned about the fact that you are only eating a very limited range of proteins and foods in general. Whey is great, so is chicken, but they don't have the same stuff in them as say red meat, fish, etc.

Plus pasta and oats is almost valueless in terms of nutrients. Please tell me you are eating shitloads of vegetables and fruit.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Animal protein are better than any other proteins for growth. Animals proteins have more creatine in them also and that is a factor you do not want to ignore for muscle strength.

But how much whey protein is to much? It depends on how much protein you require to keep a positive nitrogen balance. It also depends on how well you tolerate milk. I am not a big fan of liquid protein in large amounts in one period( over 40 grams) b/c of how quickly it digests and enters the blood stream.

I think you are taking in to much protein for your weight right now anyways, but i would switch the solid and liquid amounts. Your nutrition requirements should come from your lean tissue weight not your total body weight. Get a majority of your protein from solid food and use liquid proteins as tools to supplement your diet. You will stay fuller longer and should be able to cut your protein and total calories down some when you switch form liquid to solid calories.

Although I do not share Tims opinions on oats and pasta as being valueless, I do agree that you should be eating a variety of densely colored vegetables and a variety of fruits also.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Although I do not share Tims opinions on oats and pasta as being valueless, I do agree that you should be eating a variety of densely colored vegetables and a variety of fruits also.

Should clarify: I was more stating that if you are only having pasta and oats there isn't much chance that you will have adequate nutrition, especially in a diet phase.

Also agree with the idea of liquid calories; too many isn't a great idea. I think it can also be said of any food, too much of it as a proportion of your intake can't be good, even for short periods.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Tnx both for your answers. We could say then "you shouldn't take lots of whey instead of animal protein because you'll eat less creatine"?

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hows ur vegie intake? do u have trouble pooping?