• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Umpire Blows Perfect Game

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Through 8 2/3 innings, Detroit pitcher Armando Galarraga had a perfect game. In recording the final out of this milestone achievement, umpire Jim Joyce blows the call - which he later admits to after seeing the replay - that would propel Galarraga into the history books as the owner of only the 21st perfect game in major league history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
dont understand baseball but damn, poor guy

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Almost glad he blew the call, 3 perfect games in under 2 weeks is a little ridiculous.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Almost glad he blew the call, 3 perfect games in under 2 weeks is a little ridiculous.
I think it's great! We've been a hitter-dominant game for quite some time now so to see such an insurgence from pitchers of both leagues is a welcome breath of fresh air. It's not like something fishy is going on, batters just aren't progressing as quickly as pitching and defensive schemas are; just another era in an era-defined sport. Then again, I grew up watching the 1990's Atlanta Braves, so I'm a bit partial when it comes to pitching performances.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it's great! We've been a hitter-dominant game for quite some time now so to see such an insurgence from pitchers of both leagues is a welcome breath of fresh air. It's not like something fishy is going on, batters just aren't progressing as quickly as pitching and defensive schemas are; just another era in an era-defined sport. Then again, I grew up watching the 1990's Atlanta Braves, so I'm a bit partial when it comes to pitching performances.

Yea i see your point. I'm more interested in the defensive/pitching games to begin with. High scoring games get a little boring to me, kind of takes the thrill out of the homerun.

- I'm also pleased with the class shown from both parties of this situation.