• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Glex's Food Log

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
I'm intensely proud of this monstrosity that I built. It's an Excel spreadsheet that outputs the following graphs if you enter the Fat/Carb/Protein content of your food in the right time slot.

I found myself with a lot of time on my hands over the past few days here in the desert...

Anyway, this represents my current diet. I'm running a lot as you can see by the majority of my calories going out before 6:00 in the morning...that's when I run around here because it's too damn hot if it's not in the morning. I'm lifting most days in the evening as well.

If anyone wants a blank copy and isn't too afraid of Excel I'd be happy to send it your way.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow.

pm your way.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, intense!

Glex

Glex

VIP
I just realized I could attach it. It was originally an .xslx, so it might not be as pretty as a 97-2003 spreadsheet. If you want the version on Office 2005 I'll have to email it to you. It also doesn't have as many days as I can send in an email.

I put it starting on the fifth of July since who the hell wants to start keeping track of their calories on the Fourth of July???

I highlighted all the areas you need to fill out. Enter the food if you want, as well as the Fat/Carb/Protein content. It will calculate the calories based on those numbers in grams.

At the bottom of each three-hour segment is a block for negative calories. You input the hours of your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and any other activity. Just make sure you don't double up; an hour in the gym might burn 500 calories, but then you only have two hours of BMR for the rest of that three-hour block.

Scroll down to cell B157. Input what you think your BMR is...there are lots of online calculators to figure it out.

Enter the date you start the log. I put the 5th of July. This is how the spreadsheet calculates the average values. If you miss a day, you can just subtract 1 from cell C161, so the formula would then be: =A161-B161. Each time you miss a day of tracking you'd have to subtract another one...=A161-B161-1...=A161-B161-2...

Keep scrolling down to F207. This matrix is what makes the spreadsheet work. I'm not smart enough to make it elegant, so I did it by brute force. This is only a problem when other people who aren't very good with excel want to change or update the spreadsheet. If you want to do something different and you can't make it work, or if you need to add days, it might take some fiddling. Basically, you'll have to highlight an empty day of the log and drag it out further, then do the same to this giant matrix.

The graphs are on the next tab. They should update automatically except for the net calories by day. That one is being a pain in the ass...I'll let you know if I figure it out.

If you have any questions or ideas for improvement hit me up!

Jesus, E. :bitenails:
Yes, very much so :hsughr:

EDIT: If you downloaded it before it had a mistake; I fixed it. Cell C161 should've been =A161-B161+1, not just =A161-B161. It now takes into account the current day for the average.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting Glex.

After seeing this sheet I was also thinking that I need to spend some more time on my Excel sheets, my graphs never look that speccy!

Glex

Glex

VIP
I think it's just the black backgrounds. It makes them look super cool :xyxthumbs:

Glex

Glex

VIP
I was able to make the graph for net calories per day update automatically...muahaha, my programming days are coming back to me. So easy.

Hmm...for some reason it doesn't work on the 97-2003 workbooks...maybe it will work for you 05 users. Works great for me :xyxthumbs: