• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Organic Info

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know Vic just posted some great organic info and I know that Tim has a whole mess of organic research. That being said, I have a radio show I do every thursday morning where I (trainer Mike) go on and talk about fitness, nutrition, weight management etc. I am running out of good topics and I wanted to talk about organic this week. I wanted my main focus to be somewhat "anti". I like to stir up controversial subjects and I know there are a ton of hippies that listen. I want the main plug to be that eating organic is not going to be any more beneficial to weight loss than eating non-organic. As always, I want quality research to back me up. Anything helps and thanks in advance!

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What Website is your show on?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's a local radio station and their website is wild101fm.com The show is every Thursday morning at 8:30am mountain time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's the research I posted, but it would be easiest to ask an ag scientist professor for some key papers.

See the main issue is that when they compared organic food to conventional for nutritional value they were comparing vine/tree/etc ripened versus ethelene ripened foods. With organic going more mainstream it too had to go to this practice as well (otherwise shelf life would prohibit transport to stores) which killed any advantage it had.

America also has some different food practices. For example Australian meat tends to be 70-80% grassfed (as in it only spends a small amount of its growth period in a feedlot eating grains) so it is better quality in terms of fats and the like. But organic doesn't mean grassfed, but you are more likely to find grassfed meats in the organic goods.

So the main thrust of your show should be that there is nothing wrong with conventional or organic (except organic can't produce enough food for our planet) it is more about the other practices you need to highlight.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a lot guys. I sat down with Neal Spruce, the CEO of the National Academy of Sports Medicine and got a chance to pick his brain. It was comical how much he mocked organic. There is zero research that defends organic foods ability to help you lose weight or live longer.

Oh, and there are even some longer term studies that are now being completed that show no supporting evidence whatsoever.