• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

IFBB Pro's - Why did they retire

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Simple thread is simple

list the pro's who have retired and the reason why they did

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Arnold - Wanted to give the other lil guys a chance.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
90% of BB retired having liver/kidney failure or muscle tears.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Lee Haney - had a great career, and got nothing else to prove after 8 O's; retired when he was on top.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lee Haney - had a great career, and got nothing else to prove after 8 O's; retired when he was on top.

And he knew that Dorian was about to kick his ass.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sean Ray - finally realised no-one would consider him for an O next to anyone weighing more than him.
Flex - tried to kill himself with kidney failure and realised he shouldn't keep pushing himself.
Rhul - he sucked and finally realised it.
Dorian - he didn't retire, the gaffer tape holding him together couldn't hold him together for another competition.
Arnie - needed to go on to bigger and better things, like Commando and True Lies.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sean Ray - finally realised no-one would consider him for an O next to anyone weighing more than him.
Flex - tried to kill himself with kidney failure and realised he shouldn't keep pushing himself.
Rhul - he sucked and finally realised it.
Dorian - he didn't retire, the gaffer tape holding him together couldn't hold him together for another competition.
Arnie - needed to go on to bigger and better things, like Commando and True Lies.

Didn't Ruhl decide to compete again?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didn't Ruhl decide to compete again?

Yeh I'm guessing he has amnesia about his retirement. He'll realise his mistake again when he stands next to someone with a balanced physique.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I think if ruhl had bigger tricep's he wouldve won shows. Aside from his un-aesthetic physique, the lack of tricep really threw off his body.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think if ruhl had bigger tricep's he wouldve won shows. Aside from his un-aesthetic physique, the lack of tricep really threw off his body.

The lack of triceps and glutes. I agree with you, if he had them, he would have won shows.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
as much as i like rhul i cannot argue with you guys. His tris looks amputated like dr. House's quad. He should quit competing but keep recording DVDs

R

Ruhlforever

Please don't touch Ruhl, kkkkk, well:

Flex Wheeler: One of the most shocking cases almost killed himself for displaying NO WATER with such amounts of diuretics, renal problems were clearly developed over his carrer, Flex Wheeler is an example for all of us in order to keep our shape all year long instead of heavy cardio and fat removal phases using diuretics

Tom Price: Have everyone read an article on Flex where he stated he almos consume more than 20 I don't know Ibuprofen pills daily, ouuuuuchhhhh, his kindeys almos dissapared, stupidy, however a great soldier and warrior he surpassed his problem but with 10 years less.

Andreas Munzer: The king of the kings. Crazy, poor for him but his cocktails could kill even an elephant.

Alexander Fedorov: Incredible everything except that terrible injury in his right pec. That's a shame the guy finally understood that racing BMW competition could be his business.

Shawn Ray: Mr. Vain understood he wouldn't win any competition for weight.

Dorian Yates: A mess, just 2 Sandows the other 4 a gift from Weider-McCough and company, how on earth someone with so many tears and injuries could even place in the top five. Nasser El Sonbaty and Lee Labrada and Kevin were all robbed by IFBB. That means that even Ronnie could win 2006 Mr.Olympia with that visible injuries in the left tricep and lat. Finally, Dorian Yates understood that his method could create monsters but injuries as well and decided to retire seeing that he was completel assymetrical.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dorian almost couldn't pose properly at the 1997 Mr Olympia. He was full of pain coming from his recently teared triceps.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Shawn Ray; His mirror shattered.

Dorian: Injuries finally got the better of him.

Haney: Wanted to go out on top so didnt want to face Dorian the year later and lose.

Paul Dillett: Not sure but want to know. Did he get injured, tried to come back a few years later and looked wank?

Andreas Munzer: RIP

Mike mentzer: Threw a paddy because Arnold won the 1980 O, then got addicted to drugs and went coo koo.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Mike Fran?ois.

He could have been one of the best.

5295d1123249989ultimatebodybuildinggalle-1.jpg

- Collitis

Jean Pierre Fux

Another big hope.

but unfortunately he is french, and frenc like sissy exercises

010-1.jpg

Craig Titus

CRAIG20TITUS20FAN20PHOTO-1.jpg

let's just say he had a killer instinct

craigtitus-1.jpg

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Paul Demayo. RIP.

pauldemayo-1.jpg

His wife left him then retired shortly afterwards only to end up in prison for shooting at his ex then took an overdose.

Another crazy one... Bertil Fox

bertilfox9-1.jpg

Retired then killed his former fiancee and her mother. Was going to be hanged but now is facing life in prisonment.

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Bertils training shouldve been a good indication of what he would become lol