• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should a Mosque be Built Near Ground Zero?

Should a Muslim Cultural Center be allowed to be built near Ground Zero?

• Total voters
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
250pxBurlington_Coat_Factory_Park_Place_-1.jpg

After our engaging discussion on the Burqa ban, I am inspired to begin a thread debating an issue in our own country. As a New Yorker, I see this issue on the news almost constantly. For those of you not familiar with the issue, read the wiki first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordoba_House

An example of the heated rhetoric concerning the building:

http://www.lookingattheleft.com/2010/06/stop-the-mosque-at-ground-zero-rally-2/

Well, to build or not to build?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't see why not, but then again why would anyone want to?

But my understanding is that it isn't that near to ground zero. Also my friend died after being sold smack which was grown in Afganistan; therefore I'm going to blame Muslims for her death.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ultimately i dont care but i think they shouldnt.... if you want to show someone that there are moderates among you and your not all extremists who kill in the name of Islam you dont build something symbolic of the very thing that the extremists killed the people for

I think if they wanted to ease ties they should build it somewhere else because clearly the local americans dont want it and building it there certainly wont make things run smoother

Last edited:
fdelval

fdelval

we should respect an expansionist, warrior culture, which doesnt respect women, nor lot of human rights, and lives in the middle ages, ruled by outdated laws, growing radicals and with only one focus: extend islam over the west?

yesterday i googled for a woman who was sentenced to die by stonning because he lost his husband, and got pregnant some time after that, which is a crime there..., i cant describe the feelings in my guts, google it for yourselves... give it a shot to know "new cultures", but, open your mind first!

But if there is something more powerful than islam's expansionism and disrespect towards human rights and moderns ways of lifes, is the money which the islam project will spend.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
No.

Nothing should be built near ground zero. It should remain a giant pit for the next 911 years.

But.....if they must build something, they should erect a giant statue of Rudy Giuliani. After all, he did stop terrorism single handedly.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I don't care what religious people do, but it does seem to be in pretty bad taste... considering their 'involvement' in the whole situation and all.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Personally, i strongly dislike the religion but i dont see how this is even being debated. The USA is a place where any religion is supposedly welcome. There is freedom of religion. Outcasting muslims just because the terrorists who hijacked the planes were muslim is irrelevant. Do we outcast christianity because of all the murderers who said "the devil made me do it"?

Another question is, were the terrorist attacks in the name of islam? or is that just the terrorists devine justification for something that is a bit more superficial? According to all devout muslims, everything they do is in the name of islam.... but is it really?

Last edited:
Reactions: lifterdead
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
we should respect an expansionist, warrior culture, which doesnt respect women, nor lot of human rights, and lives in the middle ages, ruled by outdated laws, growing radicals and with only one focus: extend islam over the west?

yesterday i googled for a woman who was sentenced to die by stonning because he lost his husband, and got pregnant some time after that, which is a crime there..., i cant describe the feelings in my guts, google it for yourselves... give it a shot to know "new cultures", but, open your mind first!

But if there is something more powerful than islam's expansionism and disrespect towards human rights and moderns ways of lifes, is the money which the islam project will spend.
Exactly.

Christopher Columbus and Abraham Lincoln didn't write the U.S. Constitution for these assholes to practice their religion without fear of government oppression.

Amurrrika is the best country in the world. These damn Muslims are wrecking it.

Fυck freedom of religion and fυck narrow-minded people.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also, for clarification, the mosque isn't on or next to the site. It's two city blocks away between an Amish store and a bar.

Anyways, I agree with Dilatedmuscle. I'm an atheist and I find Islam, in general, to be a worthless religion. Conversely, this is the United States and the constitution is supposed to protect individual liberties, no matter what popular opinion dictates. For once I actually found myself agreeing with Michael Bloomberg: "The government should never, never be in the business of telling people how they should pray, or where they can pray."

Last edited:
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Red circle marks location of the mosque.

600pxWorld_Trade_Center_Site_92301_with_-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Anyways, I agree with Dilatedmuscle. I'm an atheist and I find Islam, in general, to be a worthless religion. Conversely, this is the United States and the constitution is supposed to protect individual liberties, no matter what popular opinion dictates. For once I actually found myself agreeing with Michael Bloomberg: "The government should never, never be in the business of telling people how they should pray, or where they can pray."

This.

****ing character minimum.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
they can build whatever they want.. NY is so big I don't think it is necessary to cause trouble by building it so close to a place where people were killed in Alah's name.

respect the place and respect the religion they can build somewhere else.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This whole discussion is ****ing joke considering the name of the bloody site/discussion board is muscleMECCA!
... if you have to stop the religeous buidling from being built then stop every bloody Church in the damn USA because more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than Islam!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
This whole discussion is ****ing joke considering the name of the bloody site/discussion board is muscleMECCA!

Mec?ca (mek′ə)

noun

1. any place visited by many people
2. any place that one yearns to go to
3. any goal that one is seeking to achieve

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ that was the stupidest lesson I ever got Son... the word Mecca originated from Arabic word Makkah which is the name of a city in KSA and part of name of the holliest place of worship for Muslims.... now because of the yearly masses that gather there in general and during Haj in particular the name has been 'borrowed' as reference term for places where masses gather for a particular activity... alterations to the meaning does not change the original reference... as your lame post tried to dipict! And I found it ironic that such a polling was being done on a website that has Mecca as part of its name! Because if people were so keen on severing all links/ties with anyting Islamic then ... again I find it ironic that it was being polled on a BBS that has the name of Holliest place in Islam as part of its name...!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I am aware of the source of the word little man. Your original post made no reference to irony but rather suggested some sort of stupidity or ridiculousness in the thread starter purpose for starting this thread. Further the majority here have not made any reference to specifically severing ties with Islam but have instead referred to the perceived insensitivity of building a mosque on the site of an "Islamic" attack, or to the fact that governments should have no right to dictate what and where people can worship.

Tone down the hostility please.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Pakiman, are you muslim?