• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

So I want to make a diet...

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys,

I was thinking about basic rules of dieting. I heard 4 hundred times you should eat (aprox.) 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight dayle, assuming you're not a fat ass.

I'm 82-83kg (180-182 pounds) so I need to eat, let's say, 180 grams of protein each day. Ok.

I also heard 2 thousend times your macros should look like 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% healthy fats. Right.

1 gram of protein = 4kcal
1 gram of carb = 4kcal
1 gram of fat = 9kcal

So:

180 grams of protein * 4 kcal/gram of protein = 720kcal from protein daily.

If 720 kcal shoud be 40% of my total calory intake then -> 1800kcal would be the total of my diet.

1800kcal? Isn't that TOO low? What's wrong here?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As a guideline I suggest 55% carbohydrate, 30% protein, 15% fats. Keep in mind that the human body has the most enzymes to synthesize atp from carbohydrates, not protein. All you need protein wise is enough to maintain a positive nitrogen balance. Fat is used for a variety of reasons; hormone production, Omega 3s help increase cellular receptor site sensativity, omega 3s also have anti-inflammatory effects. As far as total calories are concerned you should be working off of kg of lean body mass not total body weight.

Total calories are relative to your workout volume and intensity, but I would maintain those percentages as an off season guideline and apply them once you find a total caloric intake that is relative to your workout routine and lifestyle.

Catriona26

Catriona26

By the way, your Avater looks rely nice to me.. Good build..

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By the way, your Avater looks rely nice to me.. Good build..

Tnx a lot man, it's and old pic, 2008 I believe, I think I'm a little bigger now.

S

superman1

Good plan,
Good Luck,
Thanks