• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

brachialis? issue

M

marco24

Excuse my lack of knowledge in the issue:

After I finish a bicep workout (like 2 exercise of 3 sets each), the same night I feel like a tightening in my brachialis or the area/muscle by the forearm to the bicep. It happens when I bend my elbow, the muscle like tightens/contracts to the effect where I have no control over it and it brings my forearm closer to my bicep on its own, like its flexing by itself...its crazy and i was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this subject..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
do u stretch? try stretching often.

M

marco24

i do stretch, i'd say i do it often, but perhaps i should up the amount.

what are some good stretches for that area?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
probably just a minor crramp, dont worry, nothing serious

M

marco24

That does not sound too reassuring...I brought this up because it is a reoccurring issue. Maybe it is a cramp, but this "cramp" happens every time I complete a bicep workout. I will continue to stretch it and up the amount of stretching as well. Thanks for the insight.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
do u know how to stretch your biceps?

This is one stretch i usually do

I feel it stretch even more if i rotate my elbow up slightly.

There are a bunch of other videos on youtube but i havent really tried most of them, this one seems easy enough and i do feel my bicep stretching, not sure how much it stretches the brachialis but im sure it stretches it to some extent. Maybe doing that stretch with a different hand position will stretch the brachialis a bit more.

i've also seen lee haney talk about this stretch.

M

marco24

Looks good and easy enough, I will start doing this stretch more often. Thanks for the info man.