• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fat guys?

T

taylorrmj

I wanted to know whats the best diet for a fat guy like myself to do inorder to lose weight quick. Iam trying to lose about 100lbs iam 380lb now, so iam trying to start a diet plan to help me accomplish this so if anyone out there that was over weight got on weight loss plan that can help a brother out what did you do what did you take what excercise did you do did you left while you were trying to lose? etc... thanks

Last edited:
jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is no big secret to losing weight. Make all your meals at home. Eat high protein, comblex carbs, and veggies. For Cardio I would walk a half hour three days a week to start then slowly work your way up to running 4-5 days a week for a half hour. For lifting weights I would do an upper body/lower body split doing each half twice a week with three workouts per body part.

T

taylorrmj

Ok, thanks Now i just want to make sure i understand, high protein how much is good for a guy my size? iam 380lbs? Then the best Complex Carbs are in your advice? because I like to set up my meal plan of what to eat to fit my diet breakfeast lunch and dinner? aslo with my weight should I stick with 3meals a day or the 6 meals a day? Now with the split I do upper in the morning then lower at night?

Last edited:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Your predisposition is a good start point. Next is moving. And eating less. IMO at this stage it's not that important to have a strict meal layout with everything weighted and such. IF you're really focused on loosing weight you "just" have to change your lifestyle, start exercising and put some common sense in what you eat. Drop any junk food, lower your fats/sugar intake and be constant. Don't fall in the trap of "i've earned a pizza 'cause i've been working out" and you'll be fine.
Once you've lost a fair amount of weight this way and have implemented a training routine (no matter what) in your daily life then you can begin to count calories and macronutrients ratios. Willpower is all you need for now. It might help that you keep a log of some sort, be it here or anywhere else, so you can track your own progress and (if it's in a public place) get feedback.

Just my 2 cents. Keep us updated.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
goodluck man. 100lbs is a big weightloss focus on the week to week. Lean Proteins with every meal and lots of low calorie vegetables to keep you full. If you are eating a lot of junkfood/fast food cut that out. 6 distributed meals is probably better for maintain satiety.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Storm's sentiments here. Your at the stage that you will get more out of basic lifestyle changes, like walking and being active like jwill mentioned.

The main thing is to change habits so that you are gradually getting rid of crap out of your diet and gradually increasing your activity. This way you ramp up your activity and fitness levels whilst adjusting your diet. Gradual change will be easier to make and less painfull.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
upper body one day and lower body the next. take 3 days off from lifting weights and do it again.

T

taylorrmj

Hey let me tell you man thanks I really appreciate the help and support iam going into this haed first not looking back!!! It's like I got a band of brothers thanks once again!!

T

taylorrmj

thanks

I agree with Storm's sentiments here. Your at the stage that you will get more out of basic lifestyle changes, like walking and being active like jwill mentioned.

The main thing is to change habits so that you are gradually getting rid of crap out of your diet and gradually increasing your activity. This way you ramp up your activity and fitness levels whilst adjusting your diet. Gradual change will be easier to make and less painfull.
Hey thanks for your advice and support iam ready to get started thanks!

T

taylorrmj

thanks

goodluck man. 100lbs is a big weightloss focus on the week to week. Lean Proteins with every meal and lots of low calorie vegetables to keep you full. If you are eating a lot of junkfood/fast food cut that out. 6 distributed meals is probably better for maintain satiety.
Hey thanks for you advice I will cut out all the junkfood and sugars and focus on a lifestyle goal. thanks

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

taylorrmj

Let me start by saying thanks for you help with my life changing goal, and your right with the well I've been working out and I'll just eat a slice then work it of, but for me I'll eat two then say that I don't feel like working out. So iam ready to get started and Iam not looking back once again thank for the help!!! PS your 2 scent is worth gold when people needs it thanks

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good Luck. Be strict and stay focused and motivated. Its easy to lose motivation when you don't see change day to day but keep going at it and you will look good in the long run.

F

fitmod066

Ok I used to be overweight also. I was around 300 pounds at a height of 5'10''. Now I'm about 215 around 15 percent bodyfat. I must first say u have to jolt your metablisom. Meaning when your that heavy you need to eat extremely clean. And you can't allow your self many cheat days tell you loose at least 50 pounds. What worked for me when i first started was eating nothing but fish, chicken, and veggies. My only carbs were oats and brown rice.
Training was 3 days a week lifting. Two upper, one lower. Higher reps 12-15. And lots I mean LOTS of low impact cardio. When I was that heavy all i could do was incline walking 40 minutes at a time.
Drink lots of water. Stay away from alchol. And closely watch the scale. If you don't loose weight one week chances are you need to up your cardio or cut down a meal a day.

I did three meals a day around 2000 calories.
40 minutes of cardio a day.
3 days of lifting for 1 hour.
Main thing is keep it simple when you need to loose lots of bodyfat. Make sure your burning more calories than you consume, it's that simple!!!

Best of luck. God bless!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
diet and exercise, or just diet changing, but that will take much longer, exercise PLUS dieting. cardio 30mins to 45mins 3-4 times a week, smaller meals, take longer too eat too. helps.

S

superman1

Weight loss tips:
You should eat low protein, low carbohydrates and no fat.
Eat less and drink more water to lose belly fat and lose weight.
Every one need to lose weight.
Good luck,
Thank you,

C

Chalmers

Hi taylorrmj,
Some effective tips to reduce weight.
Break your meal in 5/6 small meals,
Drink as much water as you can,
Eat fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet,
Do exercise or any physical activity to keep your body active.

A

andymark

Banned
green vegetables, fresh fruits diet good for weight loss .

T

teamuscle

A good book that I have been reading lately is the blood sugar solution by Mark Hyman. As someone said before something that you will realize is that losing weight is not a rocket science. The biggest tip that I have gotten on the topic of losing weight is to simply create habits that will allow you to stay on track. The hardest thing about losing weight is getting your mind to cooperate because you mind is just in the business of making you feel good once. When you begin to do something like losing weight that will put you a little bit out of your comfort zone then your mind begins to panic. You have to be willing to work hard and know that change will not come overnight.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The key for me is lifting weights, drinking water and just avoiding shit food when possible. I also try to avoid eating anything after my last meal.

Remember that the more muscle you have the more calories you burn even when sitting still. Build that muscle!