• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

HIT vs Volume within 20 minutes?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
If you only had 20 minutes to train, which method would you benefit more from?

a.) Heavy Weight, Low to medium Reps, High Sets.

b.) Low to medium weight, medium to high reps within low sets.

This doesnt pertain to me, im simply curious.

EDIT: wtf? wrong section, mybad.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'd do as mean sets of heavy 1-3's as I could.

Or a widowmaker for squats and whatever else I could manage.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heavy. As much big basic reps above 80% of max as possible in that 20mins. If that is 20 sets of 1 rep of 90% on squats (or deadlifts, bench, OHP, Dips, Chins, C&J, rows) in that 20mins then you would be so far ahead of anything else.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
heavy - low volume def.

cereal

cereal

Heavy. Heavy Duty it must be.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
heavy.

If you have more time then...heavy too. ;)

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Get a solid compound done with a fair amount of weight judging by your 1 RM and build it up in whatever way you want. Do the assistance in a circuit.

cereal

cereal

heavy.

If you have more time then...heavy too. ;)
Who said it takes more time? In 20 minutes you can do FB workout and get come like state.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^come again?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who said it takes more time? In 20 minutes you can do FB workout and get come like state.

^come again?

He's yammering on about how wonderful HIT is again. Don't worry it isn't that wonderful.

I admit that HIT or the similar programs (Hardgainer, etc) are great in terms of time efficacy. But overall you can achieve far more from better protocols. I've personally tried stuff like EDT and one exercise days with far more benefit than HIT. Admittedly these don't tend to have the same balance that a one-set-to-failure routine can have. But you spend half an hour squatting and tell me what part of you isn't fried!

Also I didn't comment before but I have two things to add to this thread:
1) The answer to this debate in science:

2) If you can only find 20mins per day you are either full of **** or not really committed. Yeh you may not have more than 20mins of gym time but cut out the travel time and you may have an hour at home or the park or where-ever that you can have a setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ yeah im only in that situation once in a while but as i said in the OP the question doesnt pertain to me. I dont even remember where i saw it being brought up and i decided to ask here.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I didn't think it would apply to you, given how active you are and the classes you are involved in. I think it is worth shooting down some of that excuse mentality though. Although rather than being blunt like I'm being, probably better to say e.g. "I found the time by giving up watching (whatever) TV show and wished I'd done it earlier." Makes them feel better about doing the same.