• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Protein Pumpkin Bread Recipe

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys,

I'm sure you're all aware of the Scivation Brownie, and if you're anything like me, you're always looking for recipes or ways to make bodybuilding food more "fun" or "normal" lol.

I've been experimenting with making desserts recently and this one is just really delicious and satisfying for me.

Protein Pumpkin Bread Recipe!

1/4 cup Whole wheat flour (you can use oat flour if you want, both are real cheap)
1/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 1 whole egg, or 2 egg whites)
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (comes in a can at most grocery stores)
1/4 cup water
15 grams Whey Protein(I use chocolate scivation, most people will use vanilla)
8 grams Soy Protein (I use Optimum Nutrition Vanilla)
8 grams Casein Protein (I use Optimum Nutrition Chocolate)
lots of cinnamon
dash of all spice
dash of nutmeg (pumpkin spice will work as well in replacement for the above three spices)
dash of vanilla extract
2 packs of splenda
1 tbsp peanut butter

EASIEST INSTRUCTIONS EVER!!

Mix all of these ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. mix until its homogenous, and add water if the mixture is too thick. Should make a brownie batter consistency. Then Microwave until finished! Most microwaves will take 2-3 minutes for this. If you like it very dry, cook longer, if you want it very most, or even gooey, cook for 1.5 minutes or so.

MACRONUTRIENT BREAKDOWN:

Carbs: 28 grams
Fats: 10 grams
Protein: 45 grams
Fiber: 9 grams

You can change the macronutrients to meet your needs! If you want more carbs and less protein, add more flour and pumpkin puree, and less protein powder. If you want a super low fat option, take out the peanut butter. If you want more fats, add in more peanut butter, or use whole eggs instead of egg whites!

This is a very versatile recipe you can tailor towards your macronutrient needs.

Also, to make it just a bit sweeter, I often sprinkle some splenda on top of the finished product before I eat it.

ENJOY!!

I also have a very low fat, low sugar cheesecake recipe if anyone is interested :)

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I will try this - I also like to expereiment in the kitchen with these sort of things. I'm interested in the cheesecake recipe btw :)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that sounds so good. thanks for the recipe

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This pumpkin bread looks delicious, pumpkin is high in fiber and low in calories - pumpkin packs a good amount of disease fighting nutrients as well, including potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and Vitamin C and E.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I may ask, can I substitute squash because we have no pumpkin here? And maybe I can try this recipe with fresh squash which I believe is much better than the canned puree. I had made a squash jam late last year as an experiment and everyone at home liked it. A simple mix of boiled squash plus coconut milk and condensed milk.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sadly, I don't bake my own bread but I purchase from a well known and trusted shopping mall that bakes almost about anything.

I'm very sure that their bread is very good and rich in protein.

B

bourehim

I never thought incorporating pumpkin on anything, but I'll try this one.