• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jsfitnessking- Training with a IFBB PRO

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

Hey guys and gals.
Some people here know that i train at the same gym as IFBB pro Seth Feroce. Well we are both in the middle of an off season. I am actually gonna start a contest prep in about 3 weeks. I will be competing at the NPC Natural Ohio in April, and then another show about two weeks after that i have not decided on yet. But anyway, ive been training around Seth for awhile now and I asked him last week how his off season was going, and he said he's very unsatisfied with his progress. so i naturally said well why dont we start working together to push each other. now i am a natural athlete who has done well in competition, i am reletivley strong and love to train intense, heavy, and nasty. and if youve seen seth train you would understand why i think we would be a good match. I know your thinking " no way a natty could keep up with a pro" but i never say never. so i will keep you guys posted here on our training sessions together.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good luck with your contest prep mate. Train well!

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

So ill start off with our quad workout last week that left my quads so sore it was a joke. now we perform all sets with very strict form and very high intensity. breaks in between sets was basically just when we add weight to what we were doing, so breathing was tough. but it was one of the best quad sessions ive ever had, i think at one point we were both close to puking.

leg extension and leg curl super set warm up- 3 sets 100-130 lbs 20 reps each.

leg press- 4plates 20 reps, 6plates 20 reps, 8plates 20 reps, 10 plates 15 reps, 12plates 15 reps, then a final set that was a drop from 12 back to 4 plates repping out on each drop with 10 secs to breath between each drop

squat- 135lbs 20 reps, 225lbs 15 reps, 315 lbs 12 reps, 405lbs 10 reps

hack squat- 2 plates 3 sets max reps every set (10-20)

single leg extention- 3 sets 100-130 lbs

it took us only 45 min to complete so it was intense, heavy,and quick

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

Good luck with your contest prep mate. Train well!

thanks man, I will be posting up some shots right before i start my diet so you guys can see where I start and end.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow. great work bro..

this might become one of the best logs in here.

keept it up.

that leg press sets look insane.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Your recovery time won't be the same than that of a non-natty, but you already know that.

Good luck with your comp!

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

Today was chest; for each working set, which we did two for each exercise, we did two forced reps at the end with an emphasis on the negative, and boy did it really fill up the chest alot.

incline bench press- 135lbs 15-20 reps, 225lbs 15-20 reps, 315lbs 10 reps, 365lbs 4-6 reps +2 forced(we did this for our two working sets)

flat dumbell fly- 65lbs 15 reps, 85lbs 12 reps, 100lbs 10 reps+2 forced

incline hammer strength chest press- 3plates 15 reps, 4 plates 8-10 reps+2 forced for 2 sets

dumbell pull over- 85lbs 15 reps, 100lbs 10 reps, 130lbs 10 reps

cable cross over- 80 lbs, 90 lbs, 100lbs, all sets were done to max reps 10 -20

we tend to not count reps sometimes when we really get into a set, so i might guess sometimes. but all in all great chest session. its very fun be able to push each other and feed off the intensity. so far im hanging with him on the weight and intensity, sometimes i dont get the same amount of reps but he makes me work for everyone.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

wow. great work bro..

this might become one of the best logs in here.

keept it up.

that leg press sets look insane.

thanks man, yea that final leg press set was beyond nasty, we both ended up on our backs for a bit cause our leg were too numb to even walk.

and about the recovery time, yea i knew that would be an issue so i have adjusted my diet to see how well it helps(basically eat more).

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm very impressed, wow, you must have a really strong midset to workout with an IFBB Pro.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

I'm very impressed, wow, you must have a really strong midset to workout with an IFBB Pro.

thanks bro. yea ive always tried to have a strong mind set training period. training along side a pro would seem intimidating to most, but in my mind im thinking we both have goals to meet so its time to shut up and train your ass off. plus seth is a very cool guy so it makes it a bit easier to come to the gym and get right to work.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

back training today, started off with some pull ups, wide grip and a neutral grip for about 6 sets to really get a good pump and stretch.

bent over rows(underhand grip)- 135 15reps, 225 15 reps, 275 10 reps slow and controlled, 315 6-8 reps controlled

rack pulls- 315 10 reps, 405 10 reps 2sets

t bar row- 4plates 10reps, 6 plates 10reps 2 sets

hammer strength underhand high row- 2 plates 12 reps, 3 plates 8-10 reps 2 sets

cable rope pull overs- 110lbs-130lbs 3 sets 10-15reps

and that was it, done in 45mins, just the way we like quick, intense and heavy, always fun.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
tell me smething. Seth doesn't really train with that Isolator bull**** does he? LOLOL

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

yea he actually does, i am not able to train shoulders with him cause he uses the isolator. we still spot each other but he does his thing and i do mine. but to be perfectly honest, you would be amazed at how his shoulders responded to it. i remember the first time he tried it they were so full of blood and pumped they started turning red and purple. i realize it looks kinda stupid, but i wouldnt judge it to much till you try it. since i have a background of education in exercise science and physical therapy, if you think about the idea of how it works its pretty cool.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Training with Seth Feroce?! This is an awesome log! Crazy numbers and workouts btw, im really impressed.

I'm going to be following along with this thread for sure.
BTW, I actually asked for an Isolator for Christmas. I had rotator cuff surgery last April, so I feel like it could definitely help my shoulder and back workouts.

Keep it up bro!

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

Training with Seth Feroce?! This is an awesome log! Crazy numbers and workouts btw, im really impressed.

I'm going to be following along with this thread for sure.
BTW, I actually asked for an Isolator for Christmas. I had rotator cuff surgery last April, so I feel like it could definitely help my shoulder and back workouts.

Keep it up bro!

thanks man.

hey thats cool, im getting my isolator tommorow. seth figured it would be stupid for us to train together and me be limited, so i get an early christmas. But yea i think you'll be very happy with how it will help, but remember you have to give it time for you to adjust your body to the different type of training and make it work best for you.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

ok guys been off here for a bit, holidays had me busy. we did some arm and leg training last week too but i cant really remember all of what we did so ill start off fresh this week with our chest workout.

incline barbell: 135 lbs 15 reps, 225 15 reps, 315lbs 10reps, 365lbs 8 reps with two forced reps for 2 working sets

flat dumbell fly: 60 lbs 15 reps, 85 lbs 15 reps, 100lbs, 10 reps w/2 forced reps

flat hammer strength chest press: 2 plates 15 reps, 3 plates 10 reps, 4plates 2 sets 6-8 reps

peck deck: 190 lbs 15 reps, 230lbs 10 reps 2 forced w/negatives 2 sets

then to finish for a good stretch 2 sets of dumbell pull overs with 85lb dumbell.

and just to add for anyone reading if you have any questions you want me to ask Seth personally just let me know. but please keep the questions within reseason, thanks.