• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What type of water does Jay Cutler drink?

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Seriously, I noticed in various vids, like the Olympia Press Conference and in the FST-7 Defined dvd, that Jay and also other pros drinks from this huge plastic jars containing waters, and those seems like the ones containing distilled water, which you can buy at the mall or supermarket. Do they empty them and fill them with normal water?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jay cutler drinks

why do you think he is soo huge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dilatedmuscle
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think drinking distilled water would rip off your blood lots of nutrients (ions).

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your definitely safe with an isotonic drink. I`m not really sure about hyper and hypotonic drinks, i could apply some broscience but meh.... that would mean drinking distilled water (hypotonic) is the best as H2O would diffuse into somatic cells as fast as possible, i too was under the impression that it was bad.
dunno...

Its not like your going to become Mr O if you switch to distilled (assuming it was better) so dont worry stick with regular water....

Last edited:
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These guys are on track with what they are saying. Pure water exists in equilibrium in 3 forms, a hydroxide ion(OH-) a hydronium ion (H3O+) and H2O. If some one were to drink pure deionized H2O what is happening? The extracellular environment is less concentrated, theoretically, water should move to the inside of the cell via osmosis. It really is far from being that simple as that model only took into account 2 of the events that were happening and is really a flawed view of what actually happens. It is not to say that looking at one aspect or mechanism is useless bc it is not, but the body is doing trillions of things at once. I don't really see any benefit in drinking distilled water. Honestly it seems counter productive b/c what little electrolytes are in H2O are now not present in that water and have to be supplied else where in the diet. If anything I would not be surprised that an athlete with that much lean mass is drinking liquids that have more electrolytes in them than normal, for example calcium and potassium, and magnesium. Sodium and chloride are easily obtained through diet, and are usually over indulged upon.

This is a tangent but salt with iodine in it is a good thing for most people who do not other wise get iodine in their diets!

Ben

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's just water.

Also having drunk millique water (lab quality purified) I can honestly say that as long as there isn't too many fecal coliforms and bacteria (etc) in it then standard tap water is fine.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
the containers are different in the US... just like milk... it's just water.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What type of water does Jay Cutler drink? I heard a long time ago that he only drinks sugar free tang. I cannot verify if it is true or not though but it was the rupor back in the day. Supposedly Jay Cutler hates water and drinks a couple gallons a day of that sugar free tang. This was a long time ago so I don't know if is still true or even if it was true back then.

M

Morepower

Wow, am mind blown here. I never knew they're so many variants of water. Awesome. I will do more reasearch in this.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff