• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Creatine presentations, forms and brands

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
OH HAI!

I know that creatine and creatine usage has been discussed ad nauseam all over the intertubes, but what i've got here is a simple question that i'd like you - people i trust - to answer.

Most places i look it's assumed that creatine comes as a powder, but some brands (including ON*) have it available in cap form. Are those any good?
I'm considering taking creatine, and it would be way more convenient for me to have it in caps rather than powder.

at a rate of 5g/day that's ~2 months worth of creatine for 46 bucks, is that a good deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
first question is ... do you trust me?

I think those from ON are legit, I prefer poweder though... I think absortion rate is increased.

you can find 500gr of poweder musch cheaper than the caps.. search for USN's or Dymatize

or even bulk (no brand that's what I buy... 500gr at 16 euros from germany can't beat that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
first question is ... do you trust me?

I trust you more than I trust some random guy on the internet, and waaaay more than i trust brands own marketing.
You are a random guy on the internet, but at least i've been following your randomness for years ;)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'll be glad to know if your lean bodymass increases 1%-3% after two months of creatine supplementing. :)

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ Creatine is what it is, and the science behind it is clear. Supp. companies marketing has nothing to do with it, how much lbm you add has more to do with your diet and your training imo.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Storm,

If i were you I would buy creatine Citrate. It much more water soluble than creatine monohydrate and creatine phosphate. If a substance is more water soluble it has a better chance of being absorbed than a substance that is not water soluble. For that reason I would recommend creatine citrate. If you are wondering which has more bang for your buck you would have to find out how much creatine you are buying per amount of money you are spending and compare the the products you are thing about purchasing. Say for instance you are getting 5.0 grams of creatine per 10.0g of supplement you are buying for 1.00$. Your 1.00$ is only purchasing 5.0g creatine and a lot of filler as 50% of every serving, 5.0g in our example, is not creatine.

Also if you are looking for not just a boost for heavier weight training but a boost for higher reps and endurance you may try supplementing 3-6g beta- alanine with your creatine. Together these supplements have been double blind placebo tested and they work well by themselves but work even better if taken together. Creatine and beta-alanine both work to increase carnosine, a cellular buffer/ proton acceptor, to allow your muscles to perform the biochemical reactions that result in their functioning. This study shows that their does not appear to be a benefit of taking creatine over beta-alanine or vice versa, but that together they work better than taking one instead of the other.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17194255

J Strength Cond Res. 2006 Nov;20(4):928-31.
Effects of twenty-eight days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on the physical working capacity at neuromuscular fatigue threshold.

Stout JR, Cramer JT, Mielke M, O'Kroy J, Torok DJ, Zoeller RF.

Department of Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA. jrstout@ou.edu
Abstract

The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of 28 days of beta-alanine (b-Ala) and creatine monohydrate (CrM) supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue by using the physical working capacity at neuromuscular fatigue threshold (PWC(FT)) test in untrained men. Fifty-one men (mean age +/- SD = 24.5 +/- 5.3 years) volunteered to participate in this 28-day, double-blind, placebo-controlled study and were randomly assigned to 1 of 4 groups: placebo (PLA; 34 g dextrose; n = 13), CrM (5.25 g CrM plus 34 g dextrose; n = 12), b-Ala (1.6 g b-Ala plus 34 g of dextrose; n = 12), or b-Ala plus CrM (CrBA; 5.25 g CrM plus 1.6 g b-Ala plus 34 g dextrose; n = 14). The supplement was ingested 4 times per day for 6 consecutive days, then twice per day for 22 days before posttesting. Before and after the supplementation, subjects performed a continuous incremental cycle ergometry test while a surface electromyographic signal was recorded from the vastus lateralis muscle to determine PWC(FT). The adjusted mean posttest PWC(FT) values (covaried for pretest PWC(FT) values) for the b-Ala and CrBA groups were greater than those for the PLA group (p < or = 0.05). However, there were no differences between the CrM vs. PLA, CrBA vs. b-Ala, CrM vs. b-Ala, or CrM vs. CrBA groups (p > 0.05). These findings suggested that b-Ala supplementation may delay the onset of neuromuscular fatigue. Furthermore, there appeared to be no additive or unique effects of CrM vs. b-Ala alone on PWC(FT).

PMID: 17194255 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Ben

Last edited:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Creatine is what it is, and the science behind it is clear. Supp. companies marketing has nothing to do with it, how much lbm you add has more to do with your diet and your training imo.

Hey, of course, mate. I wasn't joking at all. I got that 1-3% increase data from some study I've read in the past.

Also it said something about a 8-10% more strength while taking it.

That's why I'm interested in following your progression.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I trust you more than I trust some random guy on the internet, and waaaay more than i trust brands own marketing.
You are a random guy on the internet, but at least i've been following your randomness for years ;)

so you know.. I'm a marketer so you're safe of company's marketing actions with me..

also.. that's why I buy most of my stuff Bulk.. (no brand) LOLOLOL

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
BigBen, that's what i call an useful post. Thanks a lot for taking the time to post that, i'll be looking for citrate then. Any opinion on powder VS capsules?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are welcome storm. Powders vs pills. Usually the pills contain powder inside an easily digestible gelatin capsule. So you should be fine either way. I like powders but their is no scientific reason for it. I would be most concerned with the things I mentioned. After that I think u will be fine bro.

Ben

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

TempUser

Creatine monohydrate should be just fine, as well the increased solubility of Creatine citrate should be a benefit, however in my opinion, Creatine Nitrate is one of the best if not the best Creatine on the market currently. Not only for its superior absorption but for the vasodialation effects as well.