• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Are eggs harmful to your cholesterol levels?

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I've been reading a lot of mixed things whether eggs raise your cholesterol or not. What I am currently leaning towards to is that the egg yolk itself raises your bad cholesterol but when eating a whole egg, the egg white counterbalances it.

Here is a question asked by a person from another forum:
person 1 said:
]hey, you know how you said the amount of eggs you eat doesn't matter, is their any particular article or studies you can link or provide me with that explains the myth about high cholesterol ? my family and friends are skeptical.

And here is the person's answer to whom he was addressing this question to:
person 2 said:
This is not an article. This is basic biology, nutrition, and chemistry.

Please google this and find hundreds of thousands of sources.

Cholesterol levels in the human body are raised by excessive amounts of saturated fats. Saturated fats occlude in the bloodstream, when they start sticking to the walls of the arteries, white blood cells are dispatched thinking that it is a free radical, they get there only to be absorbed into the saturated fat mass thus increasing the occlusion. When enough polyunsaturated fats are consumed (including EFA's such as omega 3, 6, and 9) it works like a sponge and cleans out the blood stream of these impurities.

Cholesterol levels are raised through the occlusion of the arteries and general HDL/LDL imbalances. Cholesterol is the most basic form of steroid in the human genome. Cholesterol breaks down in the body to assist in testosterone production and cellular regeneration.

Please research the rest of this for yourself, I simply do not have the time to give you any further explanations.
I feel like the answer given didn't really answer the original question, or am I missing something? I am mostly looking for an answer from BigBen, but any answer with a solid explanation is fine of course.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
there is no proof that the yolk raises your cholesterol. in fact in doesn't, only if you eat a huge amout per day.. you can eat 4 or fice whole eggs per day and you're gonna be fine.

now. let's just wait for BigBen and science.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I read more or less the same you posted, Natzo:

There is still not proof of that assumption (lots of eggs -> hypercholesterolemia)

Anyway, I have 200grams of whites a day and I'm pretty healthy.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
that's it msvf1

I have 450gr per day and i'm fine too. ( with 2 whole eggs)

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
consumption of unhealthy fats, stress (lack of exercise etc..) will affect your bodies cholesterol levels MUCH more than the consumption of cholesterol , if it even does.....

i believe someone had posted the results of a study conducted some time ago and what i stated above was the conclusion

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can eat up to 7 eggs a week with no risk of heart disease if you are healthy, and they say this level of egg consumption can actually help prevent some types of strokes. Be careful if you have diabetes though(eating 7 eggs a week may actually increase the risk of heart disease)- also remember you can just eat the whites of the eggs as well.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

If you have cholesterol issues then eating a lot of eggs can be harmful and might give you high cholesterol more so if you lack sleep and exercise. But if you're generally healthy and engages in a regular exercise routine then eating a couple of eggs a day won't cause any harm.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i grew with the notion that egg is a complete meal and is good not only for adults but also for children. Sometime in the 1980s there was a study that egg contributes to the high level of bad cholesterol. When the egg producers protested, the hype on that study died down and it was back to normal for the egg. Until now there is no clear declaration if the egg is indeed good or bad. But for me, I see it as good because I feel good when I eat eggs.