• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Diet Tips, Let me know

R

RIP

Ht:5-11
Wt:203 to 207 goes up and down.
Early 40s
I?ve never fallen completely out of shape and have always been active.

My work and home schedule are not consistent so I do what I can to make it work.
I?m looking to cut around my waist and move it to my upper body. I would like to stay between a solid 2010 to 215. I have some love handles and fat near lower back.
I?m looking for suggestions on quick healthy meals. My day is almost awalys full.

Morning
My diet consists of 2-4 eggs and 4 pieces of turkey bacon or
I cup of whole grain oats and 4 turkey bacon strips.
Gatorade to drink, Coffee/black

I do what I have to do, kids to school and whatever I have to get done.

Workout
I try to lift and do cardio on the same day. I try to do something every day. My off days depend on my schedule so they are not consistent.
My cardio is either treadmill or one of four workouts from PX90 Core Synergistics, Kempo, Cardio+ or Polymerics. Warmer months Ill run outside.

After work out.
2 scoops Gold Standard Whey, 1 cup Greek yogurt, half cup blueberries, strawberries, half a banana, 1tbsp natural peanut butter, half cup skim milk, half cup water. Mixed in Magic bullet.
Depending on what I have at the house
1 can of Bumble bee White tuna mixed with 1 pouch of Star-Kist tuna creations or
4oz chicken breast
1 Avocado sometimes 1 cup of brown rice
Water or Gatorade, Coffee/black

Get ready and out the door to work

I try to eat fish, chicken or lean red meat at a restaurant with green vegetables. Sometimes rice or pasta depending on how hungry I am.
Coffee or diet Coke sometime both

If I do eat on the run I try to keep it clean chicken or steak tacos or smoked turkey on whole wheat something along those lines.

I get home around 1am. Sometimes I will eat some fruit or 1 scoop of Whey with Greek yogurt and fruit and water. sometimes nothing

Started the diet in late Dec. So far it has been working well, I?m looking for tips or constructive criticism.

Thank You

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Simple thing for us older guys is that life gets in the way. The first thing you need to do is address your diet. The first trick is pack your meals, even snacks. Don't snack on anything you didn't bring and make sure what you brought was good (fruit, veges, protein, whatever). Second trick is cut out anything processed, that means Coke (regardless of diet or not, studies have shown that diet drinks don't actually help with weight loss). The third thing is after these two and involves addressing your portion sizes.

Next is activity. Weights is just one part of the puzzle. If you can't hit the weights more than a couple of times a week make sure that you hit everything hard in each session. By this I mean big exercises covering all of your body. Forget a split and start thinking full body (e.g. Squats then weighted pullups then overhead presses finished up with a farmers walk and some accessories). Then the other part is getting more active generally. I've started riding my stationary bike before breakfast. It might be walking the kids to school, taking the dog for a walk, whatever, do it. As we age we slow down and do less activity, so we need to consciously do more of it. Cardio isn't overrated, but if you are in the gym to lift, lift. Cardio should really be done at another time, like the days you don't lift.

Addressing your current diet: you eat more post workout than I eat for lunch (I'm the same size as you), the statement about trying to eat something like X at lunch means you don't do it consistently - pack your lunch instead, ditch the Gatorade, ditch the Coke, be consistent. I personally have had to address my diet recently. I've been keeping greek yogurt, whey protein, milk, carrots and seasonal fruits at work. These are my snacks. I have also cut out processed foods (e.g. Coke, chocolate, quick meals, beer - straight scotch instead). I've always packed lunch but I now make sure that it is a consistent portion. Also for work meetings I don't rely on the catering or their snacks, very easy to fall into the trap of eating junk for several days just because of the number of working lunches you have.

Last edited:
R

RIP

Thanks Tim, I try to do cardio whenever I can, at home , gym , I even walk the stairs over the elevator (If reasonable.) Gatorade and Coke will be tough to cut out, what do you suggest unsweetened ice tea something along those lines. I like to have something other than always water and coffee. I didn't thin my first meal was too much but Ill try to trim it.

I do lift hard because I try to maximize my time. Ill look into the full body. Packing a lunch is a routine I need to get into. How about the Whey, more, less or keep it the same?

If you remember I am a Scotch man and I drink it just like it comes out of the bottle. It’s the only way to drink it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Tim, I try to do cardio whenever I can, at home , gym , I even walk the stairs over the elevator (If reasonable.) Gatorade and Coke will be tough to cut out, what do you suggest unsweetened ice tea something along those lines. I like to have something other than always water and coffee. I didn't thin my first meal was too much but Ill try to trim it.
Coke was especially hard to cut out for me as well. It gradually crept in and was hard to get back out. I'm drinking a lot more tea instead, just normal tea. The ice tea that comes in a bottle is almost the same calories as a can of Coke.

Also I was talking about the post workout meal. You're having a huge calorie shake followed up with enough meat to keep a fashion model going for months. Really, if you've already had breakfast, then just the shake will be enough.

I do lift hard because I try to maximize my time. Ill look into the full body. Packing a lunch is a routine I need to get into. How about the Whey, more, less or keep it the same?
Check the training section and the articles section. We've posted a lot of stuff on training. As for the whey, it is fine, but just remember that it shouldn't be a large proportion of your calories. It would be worth keeping a food diary and adding up the protein, carbs and fats calories.

If you remember I am a Scotch man and I drink it just like it comes out of the bottle. It?s the only way to drink it.
:350:
If people are adding anything to scotch then they are too cheap to buy decent stuff.

C

Chalmers

Nice one routine you have shared here with all of us at the forum,
I think that it is the good one routine you have for your health and fitness session....

T

TonyIan

Thanks RIP for the awesome tips and great work at all and it is a good diet plan that must be followed and i am impressed really.

T

Trystan

Some tips for weight loss.
1. Eat simple bread with fresh juice in breakfast.
2. Eat vegetable role or fresh salads in lunch.
3. You can take green tea at 4:00 PM.
4. Eat boiled rice in dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RIP

Thanks Trystan, A little change is awalys good. I just got back from a long weekend in Vegas. Right now i need to detox and clens my system.

S

Shown

Thanks for sharing these tips for dieting. I will keep these tips in my mind because i always prefer to do healthy diet. Thanks everyone for haring wonderful information and ideas. Keep posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail

Banned
I tried the Military Diet if you want to lose pounds in just a few days. I can say it totally works since I have tried it. You just have to follow a simple meal plan for 3 days and then you will have a 4 days off and you will also follow certain types of food that you should eat on your 4 days off. It's up to you if you will continue doing it after a week or if you'll stop it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff