• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

problems with getting chest thickness and arm size

GymKr@zy

GymKr@zy

I have been working out for a while but have always wanted a more defined and thicker chest and bigger arms. I can work my chest and get sore but I can't get the definition I want. My biggest down fall is not wanting to do decline. I used to do them with dumb bells but never could see any results and so I went back to doing it with barbells and still nothing. Can someone actually explain to me the form to use or send a video because I touch bar to middle of my chest and then push up and out at like a 15-20 degree angle...... Any insight would help..
As for my arms, I do machine preacher curls, incline DB curls, seated alt db curls and my biceps are getting bigger but slowly. My triceps, however, I can work them heavy and I can feel a pump. I have not been able to see any growth in my triceps. The inner head is thick but I have not been able to get the thick horseshoe shape from the outter head. Can someone explain this to me and what I might want to do differently?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Pump and sore do not = growth. If you want to work on your chest size then flat bench is your meat and potatoes, incline bench also. If you want bigger arms do pullups and dips are great exercises, as well as some DB curls and CG bench. If its definition you're looking for then you'll have to drop bodyfat.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definition = lower bodyfat.

Bigger muscle = gain more muscle.

Pump and soreness aren't related to muscle growth. They can help but you don't have to be sore or pumped to grow.

Declines are a ****house exercise.

Work on getting stronger and more controlled on the bench. You should be able to bench just as much without a spotter as you can with a spotter. Your form should not vary between reps or between sets. Also work your back. Stronger back means a bigger chest.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
If you want big muscles, train heavy and eat big. If you want definition then clean up your diet.

As said. Bench for chest. Dips, rows, chins, cg or floor press and heavy curls for guns. Forget about decline if you don't want to do it and fukc off the damn preacher curl machine, its a useless exercise being imitated by an even more useless machine.

And don't forget to squat and deadlift heavy, these 2 exercises build bigger muscles all over than any other.

GymKr@zy

GymKr@zy

I laid off of bench do to shoulder strain. I have dropped on barbell bench but have been staying steady repping out with 225 for 5 sets of 5 reps. I know I need to go heavier. I only use preacher curl machine for 2 sets of explosive curls at the end of my bicep workouts. I have forgotten about close grip to help my triceps. Thanks for help guys

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
If u do 225 for 5 sets of 5 reps why do you say u need to go heavier? Are you able to do more then 5 reps? if so then u do need to go heavier, theres no point in doing 5 reps unless its a weight where u cant do more then 5 reps. Try doing 5x5 on every excercise, for arms and chest to make sure you're going heavy on all your excercises and see how that goes for u.

I agree with everyone else about the Pump and soreness... Although i get really sore every time i workout, its because i dont necessarily train every bodypart once a week for a minimum.... My pumps are not nearly what they used to be but im getting stronger and getting faster results now.

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
if you want to get big just eat big!

everything you do in the gym, if you're not going overboard and you choose the correct exercises for you will work no matter what.