• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best ab workout?

GymKr@zy

GymKr@zy

I have always hated doing abs but lately have been getting back into doing them. I do bench assisted crunches, leg raises, and on occasions use a medicine ball and a large balance ball for abs. I'll also on occasions do v-ups and trunk twists wig a 4kg medicine ball for lower abs and obliques. Im not seeing the definition I want and know my diet comes into play. My question is should I go back to using weight when I do abs or use only bodyweight. I have heard pros and cons to each but everyone's body is different and reacts differently. Can I get some insight on this?!??

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Go lose weight then see what sort of work your abs need.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Exactly, you don't need to do 500reps of abs everyday nor every week. Just do some more cardio, reduce your calorie intake and you'll see those abs...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a big fan of plate push aways and no seconds reps.

C

Chalmers

Hi GymKr@zy,
One simple but effective ab exercise which you can do at home also and without any equipment required.
Do double crunch exercise to make 6 packs.
Lie down on floor/bench with your hands behind your head and your knees bent.
Keep elbow back as it will be out of sight.
Bent your hands behind head and knees to 90 degree.
Leading chest and chin upwards, raise shoulders off floor/bench while contracting the abdominal.
During double crunch bring knees towards chest.
Repeat the procedure.

D

Daniael

Hi GymKr@zy,
Some effective workout exercises for you, do make a set of these exercises t get guarantied 6 abs.
Renegade dumbbell rows, reverse crunches, side bridges, mountain climbers on floor, front squats with barbell and hanging leg raise.

H

Hansons

There are several style for the best AB workout but in the gym regarding various tools it has its own different significance,now a days it can be taken easily by the special electric machine where we feel ourselves in comfortable state.

Last edited: