• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Frequency of changing routines?

Scout200

Scout200

How frequently do you change up your weight lifting routine? Do you constantly change it up to keep your muscles guessing or stay at it until you hit a plateau?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
People who constantly change routines don't know how to program properly, the same goes for people who plateau often.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I prefer to ask my muscles Trivial Pursuit questions to keep them guessing.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
:)

Freako and tim pretty much said it all.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:nsps: Truly clever!

:vsign:

As a serious answer, the change in routine will depend upon the routine. One that is aimed at strength will not necessarily change the core exercises, but will rotate accessories as needed or for something new. One aimed at hypertrophy requires sticking at exercises until you have achieved a certain goal (lagging parts, strength peak, time period, etc) but rotating the order or the like. I think the most important thing we don't seem to see enough of is the dropping of favourite exercises. I've just started BB benching again after 6-8 months off, I used the floor press and incline DBs instead. I'm due to swap back to the back squat after using the front squat, but I still want to hit my goal front squat before I do.